broken stem and leaning baby... help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jmizzle, Oct 19, 2004.

1. I finally went to put the fan on my plants to get the stems sturdier when i noticed my biggest plant was drooping over very bad, almost over the side of the pot. I looked closer and saw its stem was broken just barely. I gave it a splint and tied it up, but it still wants to lean very bad at the top. Should i be worried about this? or just splint it better so it stands up straight? if so whats the best stuff to use to splint a plant? im using a twist tie from a bag of bread right now and a wooden pencil.

2. HIGH All, sure your instant fixer uper will work just leaf it alone and it'll repair it's self..can you tie it up or put a stake beside it?

3. i did that and its standing a little bit better now, thanks

4. Hi, good to hear your plant is responding. Are you aware of how they got that way? Where your lamps to far away from the plants as they grew from seedlings? Perhaps you can avoid this next time around if you can figure out what caused it. I like flo's for seedlings and I keep them very close with a fan. The ends of the flo tubs are the hottest areas so I keep most new tender growth coming up towards the center of the lamp. Im sure you will figure out a system to best fit your needs. tc gm714