Broken Piece Stories?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by CoreFlux, Dec 31, 2012.

1. #1 CoreFlux, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    Let's be honest, we all break pieces. Everyone has a story, so why not share for GC? What's your story?
    :bongin:

I've got two stories, since I haven't really broken many pieces. Most of them sold or gifts to someone later on, but here we go.

1: I was at my friends house with the very first bowl I ever had, and we had just finished smoking up all of our weed, and we had a couple of stems left. We didn't want the house smelling when we got back in, since my bowl had been reeking, so I put it in a plastic baggie with the stems.
    Eventually we were going to leave to pick up some more bud, so I decided to throw out the stems so we could use our baggie to divide however much we threw down money wise once we bought it. So I stand up and start walking to the bathroom to flush the stems down, and on the way there, I fucking tripped on his computer cable! I dropped the baggie with the stems on accident during the fall, and the bowl shattered on the inside of the bag. That was some sentimental shit! This was the bowl:
    [​IMG]

2: I had just gotten a new bowl, and it was an odd shaped one as you can see in the picture, but anyways, I was going to my friends house again (different friend) and we always went on the back patio to smoke weed because his dad smokes pot and he would know... so doesn't want his dad catching him. So we're on this back patio and I put the bowl on the table that was out there, and I start dropping weed into it. Since it was that shape, the stand helped it stay up, but didn't do the best of jobs in wind. So I'm grinding my weed up while my bowl sits there, and BOOM, the wind made it knock over onto the cement and broke into like 6 pieces. I fucking hated that day, it was my favorite bowl besides my current one. This was the bowl:
    [​IMG]

2. Ugh, yes can't even tell you how many pipes I've accidently broken.. :( If I had to guess it would probably be around 7-8. They were all fairly cheap so it wasn't a huge loss it's just frustrating.. I feel you there. I seem to have a bad habit of leaving them on my lap after smoking and forgetting they're there and once I get stoned I go to stand up and they come crashing to the ground :( ahh life.. It is truly the worst though watching them fall and break into tiny pieces knowing there's nothing you can do about it.

3. Yeah man, breaking pieces really is a pain. You don't get to smoke the rest of your weed sometimes because you've got absolutely nothing to smoke out of (why I always keep a pack of papers no matter what). But I've been around it a lot and it sucks lol.

But I can agree with the worst feeling part when you drop a piece. You just kind of blow up in anger. Well I do, lol

4. nah, for me the ASPCA Animal Abuse Cops commercial theme starts playing in my head and i start to cry. *in the aaaaaarrrrms of the angeeeeelll.....*

5. My buddy was holding the bong I between his legs and a light flashed and scared the shit out of him and he clenched his thighs and broke the bong. We all said he broke it with his vagina.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mines long and posted it somewhere else, ill try and go find it

7. I have had about 250$+ worth of my glass broken, none of it was my fault. I have never broken a piece in the 4 years I've owned glass. My first and favorite piece I had for 4 years. Some one went into my room in my frat and borrowed it without asking, later in night hands it back shattered saying he doesn't know how it happened when he clearly broke it, that pissed me off. Another time I let a buddy use my room to smoke when.I wasn't there and when I cam back, there was his, another dude and 3 chicks hanging out in there and my first bong was shattered, once again they all acted like they had no clue how it happened (they were using a pipe, not the bong). After that I completely stopped lending my pieces out to other people.

A few months later, a few friends and I went to the beach one night to drink and smoke. I had a small colorfully spoon that was pretty durable. We were passing it around and drinking on the sand around a fire. I went piss and for a walk drinking a beer and smoking a cig, when I came back I asked for the pipe so I could pack it, and my buddy said it broke, so they threw it into the fire. I was dumbfounded, how the fuck do you break a piece in the sand!? But none of em knew, they just went to grab it and it was broken. That got me heated, but they replaced it with an equally as cool piece so it was no problem.

Then the most recent brake was devastating. My buddy had his 3 foot bong knocked over and shattered a few weeks ago. He didn't have any other pieces so I let him borrow my 2 foot long 3 inch diamter, steamroller that had a dragon in the chamber that smoke came out of. I inherited it but it was specially made for one of my frat brothers that he then gave to me when he moved out. It was worth well over 200 for how detailed and intracit it was. I didn't use it that often except for special occasions for to "wow" someone. Every one I ever showed this too would just go jaw dropped and it hit hard as a motherfucker, thus it was named cthulhu. This was the first time I lent a piece out after vowing to never lend.out a piece again.

I was studying for finals I had the next morning, it was 4 am and I see my buddy smoking a cig outside so I went to join him, the guy who borrowed the steamroller is also out there. He then tells me that he was playing video games in the room next to the kitched with cthulhu on his lap. The smoke alarm went off in the kitchen and it startled him, so he shot up, forgetting the piece was on his lap, and it dropped and shatted. After that I couodnt study the rest of the morning.cuz I couldn't get it out of my mind. Still got a B on the test though so it was chill.

Sorry for the long story, but yeah it sucks having pieces brake, especially when you dont even brake em yourselves. Just keep your head up and get another! It sucks I know, but getting a new piece eases the pain of losing the old one. It may sound weird but I still have all the broken prices just for the hell of it.

8. I had just bought my first bong and had used it once before before I broke it. My friend told me to put marbles in the water to act as diffusion beads and I thought I'd give it a try. 10 cones later, I'm high as tits and I remember this brilliant idea so I start dropping marbles straight down. Needless to say after about 10 marbles had hit the side of the bong (keep in mind the bongs we have in Australia are shitty. with thin as fuck glass) it simply shattered and i stood there on the verge of tears with Squidos in pieces in my kitchen sink. Defs won't be doing that shit again.

9. This year I have broken;

a stemline (tipped it over) $160
    A circ ashcatcher (broke with the stemline)- $100
    A 2 chamber showerhead a/c - $75
    A China pos green a/c -$35
    an 8-arm downstem (dropped it in the sink) - $30
    A grav lab showerhead downstem and slide (hit garage floor) - $35
    A detachable mouthpiece to a circ bub -$30
    a Chinese 11 arm a/C - $55
    a supposedly indestructible bowl - $40
    A random downstem $10
    an 8 arm "krave glass" ashcatcher - $40

Ya so I've broken a lot of ashcatchers and one tube just this year mostly shitty glass but I was pissed about the bong.

10. I went out to get some screens for smoking some hash, and of course I walk out of the store with a new bong, or excuse me, "WATER PIPE" as they insist on calling it... anyways... It was a somewhat nice bong, with a showerhead diffuser. The first bong I had ever owned with a diffuser.
    I go down to the skatepark to smoke, and of course i'm excited to bust it out and use it. I'm sitting down on a curb with the bong in my hand, I turn to grab the weed and bump it against the curb. I'm like oh shit! and look at the part of the bong I hit and it looked fine. I'm packing the bowl and laughing at how close a call it was, when i look at the opposite side of where I had hit it, and a perfect circle had popped out the back of the bong. It must have been the weak spot and got pushed out from the pressure.

I was super pissed

11. I used to have a friend who would drop his pipe on a cement floor to show how strong it was at parties, one time it shattered instead of bouncing (dumbass).

12. My friend kicked over his bong and broke his ashcatcher last night

13. Had just bought a brand new bong, spent a really nice amount for it, and later that night had some friends come over to try it out, i only got to hit it one time because as soon as i passed it over to my friend he somehow burns his fucking hand on the lighter and drops the bong, and it shatters into 5 pieces :,(

14. One time my cousin was making his bed and the bong was right next to it...he's like "wats this dude?" Joking about it he even picked it up and showed me well he stopped fucki around and put it back nd not even 2 minutes later I hear glass smashing and I'm like oh fuck....he broke it.....the end. 350 gone just like that

15. I haven't broken anything expensive but yesterday broke my first bong accidentally bashed it on the sink... thing basically shattered, cheap piece of china... oh well new bong now :D

16. Ive only broken a chillum and bubbler

17. I have only broken 2 pieces
    the first was when i was 17 and my mom came in my room. i had my molino on my desk and she knocked so i threw it behind my sofa. she asked me a question then left.

i forgot about the bong and my sofa ( 3 seater recliner) and i reclined the chair and it knocked over my bong. and a couple percs broke and the downstem

i also broke an ashcatcher it was a cheap one i got off grasscity store

18. Just broke my first piece. I got this perfect mini bubbler in Colorado a few weeks back on Spring Break and it was so cute and tiny and just amazing. It was the one on the left in the photo. My pipe is still intact. I had them in a makeup bag together to hide in my dresser from my folks and I was putting it in a drawer with some clothes to keep it cushioned, dropped it a bit rough rather than carefully placing it in, and it hit the wood and I heard glass shattering. Worst feeling ever breaking my first piece.

Attached Files:

19. Oh how this topic haunts me. My first bong bowl piece shattered twas baked and gonna dump out the water forgot the bowl was in there and it shattered. Tragic

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum