Broken Main Stem :/

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Mr. Johnson, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Unfortubately a couple days ago I accidentally broke the main stem of one of my 3 weeks old plants... Picture below of the damage, however, will the plant heal and survive by itself or will it just die? And can I at this point do anything or?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. It will continue to grow, no big deal. If you can string it carefully to hold it up and it will heal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Are you sure? One of the fan leafs seemed to be kinda droopy earlier and was hanging, I thought it was a sign of the plant dying

4. The tip might die, the plant will continue to grow though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh alright, thanks man!
    Will the tip by any chance heal if stringed?

6. I had the top 3' of main stalk of a 7' tall cannabis bush break over in a wind storm a few years ago. I gorilla taped it back up and secured it to a t-bar which I drove into the ground right next to it. It continued to grow and flower just fine.

7. Cut off any broken fans leaves and... I'm not seeing where the tip broke off..it just looks like a branch came off?

8. #8 GreatGrammy, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Is this the break you are talking about? Is someone seeing something I am not? I'm trying to see what needs to be tied up @Boggieman ?
    999.jpg

9. Get some electrical tape and tape it back together. It should heal the wound on its own and continue growing. I like to put a smaller piece of tape on the inside so it is easier to get off. It shouldnt take too long to heal up, maybe a couple of days

• Like Like x 1
  10. where is this broken branch? lol He is LSTing this plant to the side, its not laying sideways because its broken

• Like Like x 1
  11. @Mr. Johnson can you take another angle pic or 2 of this break please

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. It’s the damage that u pointed out in the picture above :) ^^

13. Sure! I’ll post in a couple hours

• Like Like x 1
  14. @Mr. Johnson the way I see it you can't tie up a branch that is cut off? lol i dunno I never have been able to do that lol

15. It looks broken, but not broken off. Just carefully tape it back together and the plant will seal the wound and continue to grow just fine. I'd also lay off training down of the plant until its healed up.

This is just a picture I found on google:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. ok I see it now lol Good job! It may or may not work but just let it be now to heal;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Haha, that’s great! And I will

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. oh wait thats not your pic! lol