Broken glass

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by StealingYerMail, Mar 29, 2009.

1. I posted this question in the cleaning thread, but my dad's about to go to bed and I want to smoke a bowl. :smoking:

Anyway, this afternoon I cleaned my first glass piece with isopropyl alcohol and salt. It worked really well, but now that my bowl is almost perfectly clean, I can hear (and see) a piece of glass in the chamber part of my pipe. I chipped my bowl about 6-7 months ago while I was scraping the resin out with a screwdriver. Probably not my most intelligent moment, but what's done is done.

I chipped the bowlhead right by the airhole (so I sort of doubled it's size). My bowl seemed to actually rip a lot better after this happened, and I never thought that there was a piece of glass inside of it, probably because it was either stuck in the resin or I just couldn't hear it move.

Now however, it's entirely free floating and it's too big to remove from the bowl. Is this thing safe to use? The piece of glass is still covered in a decent amount of resin, and even without the resin, I think it's too big to remove. There's some resin left by the bowlhead, so I was thinking of sort of shoving the glass into a resin pile.

So I suppose the question is, would you hit it?

2. I wouldn't wanna smoke from it. Glass dust is really bad to inhale, so smoking out of it after the break wasn't a really good idea, and pieces can keep chipping off the chunk thats stuck inside. Just my opinion :confused_2:

3. Yeah I've always thought about the dust. I really don't want to have to buy a new bowl, everyone loves this one and I just dropped $55 on a VaporGenie. The Genie is great but it's not the same as ripping glass.