Broken glass stem on bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Spelljammer, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Ok so i just broke the glass on glass down stem on my bong. Anyone know if i can easily replace the part shown? And if so could you possibly tell me what exactly i would be looking for? The stem size is 14.5.

[​IMG]

2. thats a unique one, but if its like most down stems they can be relaced. Maybe upgrade it with a diffuser. id just check out a headshop locally like 20 bucks tops

3. Slide the broken piece out of the grommet, clean it off, take it to your local headshop and say you want one the same size.

Or measure it and buy online.

4. Yeah, thats what i was thinking... but I won't be able to go for a few days to get it fixed. I called the place i bought it from and they seemed to THINK they had something that would work for it... But i'm just concerned with the fitting around the stem.

Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here in the meantime.

5. Now to just figure out how the hell im gonna get it out. It's in there pretty snug. *looks for some pliers*

6. Word, try to see if a reliable headshop can help you out with that since it's only a rubber grommet downstem. If you do try to take it off yourself be very careful, glass is fucking sharp, wear some gloves. You might need a little lubricant to help get it out if you can.

7. #7 Spelljammer, Mar 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2010
    I managed to just get it out. Holy crap was that thing in there pretty good. The local head shop is trying to sell me a junk replacement downstem. I'm poking around online for somewhere else tog et one as GC doesn't seem to carry them. If i just looked over them would someone mind linking to one sold here? (I know you can't link to external sites)

Also, all the down stems i'm seeing around are all glass on glass, where as my downstem supports 14.5mm Glass on Glass pieces but is secured in the actual bong with a rubber grommet.

(Edit, again) Could I use something like this: http://www.grasscity.com/pearl-adapter-14-5.html with a yo-yo style rubber grommet?