Broken glass on 4/19 : ( -- Repair a possibility?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by WVUfool, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Had a nice Phire Legacy bong until I knocked it over and it broke on the downstem, right where the slider would fit in..

anyway, I was hoping I could find someone that knew how to work with glass to repair it.. is this realistic?? I'm in Morgantown, WV

I'll post a picture later but I'm late for something.

2. when your thinking about fixing a bong you have to take the price into consideration

it can be expensive to fix a piece.

Cost me 70 bucks to fix my glasscity bubblicious bong and it ahd the exact same break your talking about.

But the bong was only worth 150. So thats spending half the value of the bong on repairing it.

Thats a choice that you need to make, I can't really make it for you.

I wasn't the one paying for the repair so I didn't care.

3. [​IMG]

updated with a picture.

4. There's no way to get it fixed by tomorrow unless you know a glass blower and even then it'd be a stretch

5. definitely, it wouldn't be fixed in one day, you'd need at least a month, thats how long it took me to get my stuff repaired by Joe from Itza. Well actually it didn't take that long, but he forgot to alert me to pick up my piece.

I'd recommend getting some glass glue and just fix it yourself.

Thats all Joe did for me.

Just glue it, leave it out in the sun to dry for however long. and save some money.

6. If you still have the piece that broke off i would just stick it on there and put some electrical tape or something like it around the joint until you can get it fixed.

i don't think there'd be a problem with heat until you are taking tabs or smoking a shit ton of bowls

7. i know it is unreasonable to get it fixed by tomorrow i was just wondering for the future since this is a friends bong i broke.

8. well I jsut realized that you never even said you wanted it fixed by 4/20

But its a very simple fix. I just don't know of any glass blowers in your area.

You can contact blowers and ship your broken glass to them, but its incredibly expensive because you need to pay for shipping AND fixing the bong.