Broken downstem. What to do?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by skrillmatic, Dec 6, 2011.

1. So, I recently was cleaning my bong(BOOM, don't know any detailed specs) and broke the downstem. I have no clue what size to order as a replacement and was wondering how I might be able to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Stick a pencil into where the downstem usually is, when the tip hits the other side mark it off then measure it. Thats your length. For your ground joint size, you can basically assume its 18mm( Just off what ive seen it's mostly 18mm ground joints, i could be wrong so anyone correct me). Your bowl piece dictates the top joint size, 14mm you cant stick your pinky in at all, 18mm you can. Thats how i was able to tell at first lol. I'm sure theres a more accurate approach.

you'll see things like this
    vvv
    14mm/18mm
    =
    topjoint/groundjoint

top joint being where the bowlpeice goes into, ground joint being the joint that sits in the bong.

3. Thanks a ton!

4. Just measure the diameters of the openings of your joint sizes to be 100% sure.

18mm/18mm downstems are common too, though if yours IS an 18/18 it will have a little bubble between the inner and outer joint; if it's a 14/18 it won't be sticking out nearly as much.