Broken branch

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by CanadianBrad, Sep 8, 2019.

1. #1 CanadianBrad, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    I accidentally broke a branch on my plant. Should I cut it off? You can see the water is dripping out where it broke. Will it heal on its own? 75D2BD8A-0F8E-4771-BA77-D3F71AC9A6D0.jpeg

Thank you to everybody who has been posting on here! This forum is awesome and has been a great help with my first grow

2. Some say a little honey applied to any wound will help...but you don't seem to have snapped anything, is that right?
    I'd say if you can kind of "bandage" or tie it into a position is was in before, that would likely work.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. This,and a support of some kind, and it will heal OK....

• Like Like x 1
  4. I used duck tape on my bruce banner#3 when acouple branches got broke. Put them in place and taped. Heal great

5. I don’t think it’s snapped. It just bent at the start where it connects to the main trunk. I have no idea what the correct terminology is but you know what I mean hopefully. I pulled out my phone to take a picture then dropped my phone directly onto the plant. I was sober too...

6. Also looks like it's a fan leaf... I think you're fine

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

7. I have heard this term before. I think it is a fan leaf. It is the biggest leaf on the plant. I just don’t know what to do with it now. The only thing holding it in place is the leaves below that it’s resting on

It’s probably nothing to worry about but I am a perfectionist with these type of things so I just wanted to know if I should cut it off or leave it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ...

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you really want to keep it there, you can remove it once it starts to die... But there's no real reason to keep it until that point, I'd cut it off.

Also, read up on defoliating cannabis. Its not really necessary on outdoor plants but can increase yeild indoors.

Its basically removing fan leaves to get better light penetration, and is done on purpose. There's no need to start panicking if you accidently snap a fan leaf off... Its the growth tips, bud sites and main stems that you need to be careful not to damage.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  10. It will heal on it's own. Some growers break their own plants in a method called super cropping. "Super cropping is the name for a High-Stress Training (HST) technique when you stress the plant by slightly hurting it in a planned way. As a result, the plant will grow bushier, with more buds, and possibly even higher THC levels!"

If it's not leaning and obstructing other growth, you may be able to stabilize it and in a few days it should start to fuse back together.