Broken bowl stuck in joint

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by rx7_stoner, Apr 1, 2016.

1. #1 rx7_stoner, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    So I was going to smoke the other day. You know the usual thing and when I go to lift the bowl out of the bong.. It snaps... So now I am left with what's left of the bowl stuck in my joint and I have tried everything to get it out. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problems and be willing to help a fellow blade ?[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Bend a wire coat hanger that will fit in the hole and hook the broken piece from behind and pull it out SLOWLY.

• Like Like x 4
  3. I've tried that. I've tried literally everything. Thanks for your help I think I'm going to have to wait and see if it comes out itself or break the joint and take it to a glass blower which I really don't want to have to do

4. Get 3-4 nails, and something small and round ish.

Put the nails in head first then put that item or toilet paper was in( use it as a spacer) pushing the heads apart and grabbing the joint. Then pull on the nails with a vice scrips or pliers.

Note don't have the item to big or you could blow the joint appart so make it just big enough that the nail heads are catching the broken joint

• Like Like x 1
  5. I made a metal coke bottle bong reply to this if you want to see it

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

6. Ya I do

Sent from my SM-G530T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I'm gonna have to agree with Rick. The exact same thing happened to my 16 inch beaker bong and eventually after 2 days of fucking with hot water, a raw carrot, rubbing alcohol, and canola spray, my friend managed to wedge it out with a 'strategically' bent coat hanger. You can do it, keep trying & good luck! :metal:

• Like Like x 2
  8. This exact thing happened to me but with my dab rig. Get something with a hook that fits into it to where it can easily grab the edge then run it under hot water for 10 seconds then start to pull lightly on your broken glass. It should slide out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Granted, that was an oil rig not a dry rig

• Like Like x 1
  10. Heat that joint up so it can loosen up the bowl, coat hanger that ish.. Gg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks everybody for the input, really appreciated! I'm going to try a few things tonight and I'll post an update with what happens after I get done

12. This is a both dry and oil rig lol.

13. Sorry bro I never saw your reply. Did you ever get it out?

14. As of right now still no . I'll live with it or keep jacking with it. It's bound to pop out some day

15. click here for solutions and here for how labs avoid this with a inert gaskit

16. Did it come out

17. #17 BreakfastBurger, May 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    Use pliers and pull it out

Edit: nvm this thread is about a month old. Wondering if it came out too