Broken Bong Repair

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Antivist, May 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. #1 Antivist, May 9, 2018
    Last edited: May 9, 2018
    I was at my friends and she accidently broke the downstem on my bong and I was hoping I could fix it. It doesn't look that bad, but the edges are very sharp and I cut myself handling it so I'm really needing a fix of some sort. It's my favorite one and I can't find another one with the same colors that made me buy this one. I'm not very experienced with repair or anything so was hoping someone could help. I can't really move the stem much at all because of the little rubber gasket. I was thinking about just cutting it out, but then I'm scared I won't be able to replace it. Any experience or places where I can get parts? I really want to fix this if at all possible preferably with a new stem and everything.

Attached Files:

2. any head shop will have downstems for super cheap same with grommets (the rubber)

• Like Like x 2
  3. How do I go about taking the old one out? Just go with my original plan to cut out the grommet with an xacto and then replace it?

4. yeah man just replace the downstem so easy

• Like Like x 2
  5. id probably put on my work gloves and pull it out or maybe use some needle nose pliers to pull it out. cutting it out might work also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I ended up having to cut it. I tried just pulling it out, but there was a crack along the glass that was making it so any amount of force was risking it shattering it more. Thanks so much for the help. Now I just gotta find the grommets and downstem.

7. I think it should not be replaced. ,