Broken Bong Question

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Otown Tokes, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Recently I broke a piece of my bong. It is near where you put your downstem tube into. I patched it with duct tape but I was wondering if their is a more safe, cheap and long term solution for this. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. how did that happen?

As long as waters not leaking through and its airtight it should be fine, but id say its time for a new piece:/ Doesnt look like youd be able to fix that

3. I was putting the bong into this padded box I made for it, and me being super stoned dropped it in the box and that piece broke. And as for the new piece I'm broke so it'll do for now. I might have to start using my mini glass bong though.

4. the box kinda defeated the purpose>.<

that sucks man. but at least you got something else to use while you save up some money.

5. mine had the exact same break, actually two of mine. just so you know the water will eventually peel that tape right off. i wrapped plumbers tape all the way around the tube from the top of the break to the bottom. then used duct tape and repeated that process. sure your piece wont look as cool and clean, but it'll be funtional. and actually, i kinda liked how there was like grip on it:wave:

6. If you stick have the broken bits of glass,
    you can fit them together with aquarium silicone or something similar.

The hole looks a bit to big to patch completely with silicone.