broken bong. need some opinions on a fresh one

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ohighoh, Sep 19, 2010.

1. recently my good friend tipped over my love, my one and only, my every day, and shattered most of the tube. she is helping me replace it so im looking for a good piece between 100-250. some diffusion would be cool. or maybe a cheaper small bong off ALT and an ashcatcher? does anyone recommend anything?

2. Why don't you swag on down to the head shop and see what they have there?

3. First, never get a tube taller then 18" because thats the standard tall tube and is actually quite large. Besides, any taller will just be harder to clean, harder to store, and harder to maintain. Not to even mention unneccesary....

Now that thats out of the way. Start with a solid simple 'foundation setup' so that your all ready to add attachments later on.

First pick out a tube thats at least 5mm thick and between 12" and 18" will make you happy.

A diffused downstem is a MUST and should be your first upgrade on any tube.

The Syn 45mm beaker for $110 on ALT is a great choice and the price is awesome for what you get. Then you can get an SSFG(SSFG is just an abbreviation) clear inline ashcatcher for $90 from Etsy. It is a quality ashcatcher, despite the low price tag.

edit: on second thought, i think you can grab an SG stemline for 250, but you should doublecheck.

4. the headshops around here are horrifically overpriced, and their selection is lacking

5. #5 ohighoh, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2010
    what about a HVY 5mm beaker

with the 8 arm HVY ashcatcher
    ?

or does anyone have experience with the helix 3 in 1 bubbler/bowl/one hitter? seems really convenient for most situations

6. Your not allowed to post links on this site, which is WHY we use abbreviations like ALT.

That HVY ashcatcher is way overpriced, you can get a clear inline ashcatcher for $90 from Etsy. Just Google search clear inline ashcatcher etsy and youll find the shop that SSFG stands for, the clear one is $90.

7. sorry about that im new. are there any recommended diffused downstem. i think i might drop alittle more and get the syn fat mike mini beaker with the worked bottom and hold off on the a/c for awhile. maybe a syn showerhead downstem?

8. Showerhead downstems are cool, Alex K makes the best showerhead downstems, I think they are on ALT as well.
    You don't NEED an ashcatcher, you DO need a good downstem and slide though. Look for an ice pinch or disk diffused slide.

9. Sorry to hear about your bong. I too tragically broke my baby recently and have been shopping for a new piece. Personally I have been leaning toward an EHLE piece of EDIT, most likely 500 mL. Though I'm not really looking to spend over $150 on the whole setup

10. actually the fat mike beaker comes with a syn showerhead. would there be anything else i would need?

11. Is it a 'low profile' downstem? If it's NOT, get a keck clip while your at it, it's a good idea ;)

I can't think of anything else you would NEED besides a good slide, a good downstem, and a keck clip

Edit: throw some Beeline in just for good measure.

12. i did hear that beeline makes the taste a lot better. and more natural. what size keck clip would i need? would it be a 14/20?

13. #13 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    No, that's the small one.

Is the joint on the bong 18mm? If so, you'll need a 19/22 clip.

Oh yes Beeline makes a huge difference! Try using just Beeline for like a week and then try using a straight lighter flame.

Edit: I looked at those mini fat mike beakers(that's the one, right?) and they all have low profile downstems, so with that downstem, a keck clip probably won't fit. Get one anyway, it's $5 and you'll probably end up with other downstems down the road.