Broken bong, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by fip, Aug 14, 2009.

1. #1 fip, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    I just broke my 2nd bong this summer...
    I definitely don't want to go buy another which will cost me another 50.

At first I broke my bong stem, but I dealt with it by putting alot more water so that it can reach the half-sized stem. Then, I accidentally knocked over my bong while it was sitting on the ground causing the protruding hole which the stem bowl is inserted into to shatter. I can't post pictures up but I'll try to explain as best as I can. The stem is completely useless now so I'll try to replace it somehow but the problem is with the protruding bong hole (the part that extends out of the bong and connects with the detachable stem). The protruding part of the bong where you stick the stem in is cracked and now rigged and "spikey." Is there any way I can fix it so that my bong will at least still be usable?

2. If its a $50 bong, just buy like 5 more...

You can fixed spider cracked glass by getting a mapp gas hand torch and remelting the glass and attempting to reattach the female joint onto the bong, but you might as well by another and be more careful with it.

3. try buying a new diffuser/downtube and getting some clay to wrap around the parts of the protruding part of the bong. Just make sure its airtight and it should hit like it used too. let me know how it works out!