Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Broken Bones And Smoking?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Dmart, Sep 4, 2014.

1. I had surgery a month ago on my foot(has a screw in it) and ive been smoking sine the second week. I got a check up last week and he said it was healing great but im wondering if it will stop it from healing all the way? im 21 years old and very active in the gym and have a good diet.

2. Why would it stop healing all the way? As long as you keep doing what you have been doing, you shouldn't have a problem.

3. youre good bro. i got the rod and screws. if youre healing on xray you should be golden.

4. No personal experience, but I don't see how marijuana would stop it from fully healing. 

5. its the lack of 02 that arises from the smoking itself i think. the cannabinoids are actually assisting in the healing. prolly more so with edibles but not sure.

not sure how you broke it but just dont be an asshole like i was and fall into pills and get strung out.

dont rely on them and know that pills make the healing process take longer imo. good luck bro

6. I had pills the first week and they did nothing. I got grass and it took away the pain so I havent taken any pain meds sinec the first week of surgery. I just had surgery to give my food an arch so they had to break it in 3 places.

7. awesome with ignoring those pills .

man that sounds like it sucks and walking pain is the worst.

8. I smoked bud after I had wrist surgery (plate + 5 screws). I didn't tell the doctor, but he was wondering why I wasn't refilling my vicadin prescriptions

Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I chipped a big chunk of bone off my thumb last year and had it in a cast for weeks. I smoked weed one night and about 30 mins later I got the WORST case of pins and needles in my thumb right where the chip was. It made me feel sick, it was that bad. It only happened the one time I smoked weed, I was on a tollerance break at the time.

10. #10 BarackO'Ganja, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    I had shin surgery 2 years ago and they put in 5 screws into my leg and I toked everyday to help with the pain and it never effected a thing. Doc even said I was healing faster then he thought I would :smoking:

11. Had brain surgery. Painful at first the narcotics they were giving me didn't do anything for me, grass was much more effective. Had no healing issues as far as the incision and skull cut went.

Am I saying grass helped healing? No. Because I have no idea but it did help with the pain and taking my mind off things.