Broken Ashcatcher slider

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by xcdt1997, Sep 23, 2011.

1. My friend broke my slider/Ashcatcher and I was wondering if I use super glue is it toxic when I heat it up since its broke around where I pack it

2. Glue of any kind on anything you inhale hot smoke out of is a bad idea. Especially if it's right next to the bowl. Move on and tell your friend to buy you a new ashcatcher of equal or greater value. It's only fair.

3. what should I do to fix it though?

4. Unfortunately you really can't safely unless you take it to a blower, and sometimes that's just not an option due to where it's broken and where you are located.

5. My friends downslide is broken at the bottom what can i do to fix that? i was thinking putty or something since the flame isnt directly touching it.

6. If you really want to try and fix it, go buy this "MIGHTY PUTTY" stuff. Got a box of it sitting in front of me now. As long as the spot won't ever heat up or get wet, this will probably work if you use it right. It bonds almost anything, glass included if its light.

I've used it in the past, and it works as a temp fix. But you'll eventually get tired of it looking broken, or it won't work as well, something. All my pieces that have it on them are now in a box labeled 'Fine China' in storage lol.

Don't waste your money on super glues. You'll just get pissed off.

7. #7 tokinblade, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
    Seriously bro enough with the spamming your contact info for work. Like 10 posts in a row saying the same thing! Most of these are a couple months old anyway.

I'm all for repairing glass. But why don't you actually contribute to the forum before spamming trying to scrounge up work. - rep:mad:

Ps. Get an actual domain email if you want to look halfway professional.

8. spam his email, i dont think its an actual glassblower, just a scammer

9. [quote name='"glasslover420"']If you really want to try and fix it, go buy this "MIGHTY PUTTY" stuff. Got a box of it sitting in front of me now. As long as the spot won't ever heat up or get wet, this will probably work if you use it right. It bonds almost anything, glass included if its light.

I've used it in the past, and it works as a temp fix. But you'll eventually get tired of it looking broken, or it won't work as well, something. All my pieces that have it on them are now in a box labeled 'Fine China' in storage lol.

Don't waste your money on super glues. You'll just get pissed off.[/quote]

Mighty putty does indeed work, I fixed a bubbler with it years ago and still have it tho I no longer use it.
    The only problem is it isn't great looking.

10. [quote name='"4Stone2Man0"']

Mighty putty does indeed work, I fixed a bubbler with it years ago and still have it tho I no longer use it.
    The only problem is it isn't great looking.[/quote]

Mighty putty works until you clean it a few times, then it tends to lose hold

11. best way to fix it is to make your friend buy you a new one