broke up with gf of 2 yrs

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by sk3y, Nov 10, 2008.

1. first of all im just posting this to kind of get it off my chest. Im not going to be biased (try not to be), because its not all her fault nor is it all mine but here goes...

well i started dating this girl around two years ago. We spent every waking moment together it seemed like. Well we dated for over a year, and we broke up because of trust issues (coming from her not trusting me - note: never cheated on her, nor did anything while with her with anyone else). Ok. So...I hung out with some of my girl friends (not dating or anything), and nothing ever happened or came of it. She started dating some other guy from a different high school. I started smoking pot, and drinking a lot. Well we got back together and I never told her about the weed thing until about 4 months later (didnt know how to tell her). At first she was agaisnt it but after time she just learned to accept me for who i am and not what i do. So we dated for the rest of my senior year in high school (i turned 18 so dont be asking if i am or not), and the whole summer. I went to college about 2 hours away from her. We continued to date, but she started becoming untrusting again. She constantly texted me asking who i was with, what i was doing, etc etc. So i broke up with her again. I told her we needed a break, and it was ok to start seeing other people. I started hanging out with this girl in my english class and talking to her and what not, and she got mad. She refused to return my phone calls, or anything.

Thats the story until pretty much where I am at now. I started dating this other girl from college, but i never really liked her. I broke up with her today because I didnt really like her, and didnt want to lead it on like I did. So now I have been sitting here thinking all day and it really sucks. I really do miss my first girl friend but she is two hours away, and dating someone else. I still love her with all my heart and I dont think I will ever stop. I guess the reason Im posting is because I just need some advice/suggestions. Im completely lost in what to do. I know i just need to move on, and let it be and if its meant to be it will be. I already know this. Its just hard to deal with. She was my first true love, and still is. I just need someone to give me some advice or something.

2. Wa gawn man, im sorry to hear your in this situation, i know it and its crap.

3. sorry this may or may not be what you want to hear but...

MAN UP DAWG YOUR IN COLLEGE GO FUCKIN HOG WILD WITH THE FEMALES!!

4. Beasters stfu, hes clearly not in the mood for that retarded sentance.

5. Too many fish in the sea, and many in college.

You'll get over it tho trust me. I thought 'd never get over my baby mother but I did.

So I know you can too;). Things will look up.
    Go get some random ass. Time heals small wounds,

Keep ya head up:hello:

6. Yea Bank404 thats what im talkin about i didnt mean anything bad by what i was saying jinkyjonk

7. shit man that shit happend to me like 2 and ahalf weeks ago, i feel for you, i started up weed again when my chcik left me the first time. 2 times she split with me and the 3rd and final was me.

8. Call up some friends and surround yourself with cool people. Take your mind off dating for a bit and just take a break from it. Enjoy life for what it is and a relationship that is meant to be will come along. As time passes the 'first love' will fade into your past as nothing more than a memory.

9. Hey bro. Im kinda in the same situation. You should have thought about things in the long run. Ya know? Im with my girlfriend of 7 months now and I go to college 4 hours away. I see her every 4-6 weeks. Yeah we have trust issues too. But im dealing with it. It sucks, but shes so chill and I know shes worth it. If you think shes really worth it then get her back. Its hard to find a girl in college thats not a slut or really chill. I say get her back..

10. It'll take time. Just take the time to take care of yourself, and make sure you chill with friends and have fun. Don't spend all your time moping.

11. Its not that easy man. I really do want her back, but at the same time I just want her to be happy. I have found that smoking really does help with just clearing my mind and helps me cope with things better.

12. Im still waiting. :(

13. The best thing you can do is just get out there and keep meeting new people and shit. The more you sit around the more you'll end up dwelling on it, keep busy and don't be aprehensive about meeting new girls. Who knows, you might run into one who makes her look like shit.

14. Well I started talking to this new girl, and I actually have a date with her this weekend. :hello:

15. Long distance doesnt work, but if you love her then you'll come to her after you finish college like a Knight in SHINING armour

16. See, there you go man haha. The worst thing you can do is get down on yourself about it. Realize that the past is just that and there's nothing to do about it now. Learn from what went wrong and go out there and find a better girl. Remember, you broke up for a reason. That means there's somewhere to improve on.

17. Trust issues never go away. If she didn't trust you before, she may never fully trust you. Or she won't trust what all went down while you were apart.

18. if you love each other enough in you will work it out if not then don't just jump in the sack with someone else it will take time to adjust

19. Me and my ex talked this weekend and are working things out. We went on a date this weekend and then went back to my house for a little bit :) but I think we are going to be ok. Im really glad to because i really do love. Thanks everyone!