broke the base of my roor.. can anyone in south florida help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by nicole1035, Aug 5, 2011.

1. #1 nicole1035, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
    someone pleaseee help :( my baby is still completely usable...just cant stand on his own. sorry I couldnt get the chance to resize the pics

update:

I think I'm gonna go ahead and make my own base using molding air-dry material. what I'm now worried about is if I should try to "sink" the bong into the mold. If I surround the area where the glass will meet this new mold, do you think the mold will dry properly in a way that it'll support and hold the bong?
    I'm just worried that the clay/mold isn't going to really bond with the glass.. when it dries I don't want to pick up the bong and feel the base loose or something...

pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I'm sorry to self bump this.. If it was your roor you would as well!
    Please if anyone actually sees this and can help or give me any suggesstions on how they would fix it, please reply! :)

3. not much you can do bro. maybe make a wooden base for it? Buy a new bong?

4. ^ what he said, try get a wooden base made. Shouldnt be too hard :).

5. well I was thinking of possibly buying some sort of clay mold and constructing a new base..
    another friend mentioned that I could try to break/shave off the rest of the glass until it is just the cylinder part of the bong, which is completely flat at the bottom. then buying some kind of glass base (possibly an actual bowl or the base of a cup) and break/shave off that until I could glue the bong to the new base using glass glue.
    might be crazy enough to work?

oh and some pics of my baby boyy in his former state of glory
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Id go with wood over connecting two broken glass pieces with glue.

7. I broke the base of my old roor completly off... granted... it was a $40 "roor" from a beach store haha

8. There are these plastic holders that look like the bases of bongs for bongs that have broken bases. Look it up man ive seen it.

9. Id say use your clay idea at first, until you can find something super classy to fix it.

You can also personalize the clay part, add a light holder, hash area, etc, shit now I wanna break my base. Damn you!

10. damn I'll definitely have to try and look for one of those, thank youuu

11. No problem. :smoke:

12. Is that a fake roor?

13. #13 greystr0ke1, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011
    There's a headshop in Boca, Margate, and now Lake Worth called Grateful J's. The owner J is a glass blower and does repairs. I recommended them to another person on here who broke an SG Stemline and they repaired it perfectly.

No. It's a Roor Tech. It's basically their line of perc'd pieces. A L T has them for sale.

14. Those dots around the joint are a signature of a fake roor maker

15. This is NOT A FAKE ROOR.

16. Oh shit. Looks pretty dope. I've never seen a roor with those nice of trees. Looks Hella nice man. Sucks it got broken.

17. I'm not saying it is but there's a thread on here that has fake roor identification and that's one of the things. It's perfectly possible that it's real but I'm just saying that it's a signature.

18. for the user that spotted the dots around the joint:

[​IMG]

I guess the flash in the other picture made it seem as if there were dots but there are none.. my baby is all reaaaaal :D

ON ANOTHER NOTE...

I think I'm gonna go ahead and make my own base using molding air-dry material. what I'm now worried about is if I should try to "sink" the bong into the mold. If I surround the area where the glass will meet this new mold, do you think the mold will dry properly in a way that it'll support and hold the bong?

19. It is real. Sad that one of the few real Roors here is broken. :( Good luck!

20. I'm sorry to be a little off topic, but how much did you pay for that wonderful looking RooR?