Broke my stem

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by SerkOne, Jun 15, 2012.

1. So recently I broke the uhhhh I guess what would be the stem of the bowl in my bong. Its a small, probably eight inch tall "zong" from americanpipes.com. Don't know much about the history but it just looks like your run of the mill low end zong that you see in head shops and flea markets.

So I'm trying to find a new bowl and I was wondering if all bong bowls are made with a stem of universal width. And if not, how can I find one that fits? Would I get booted out of the store if I cleaned the broken stem and brought it to compare?

I hope this isn't a stupid question I don't spend a lot of time looking at glassware.

2. Wait, so, is your stem broken, your bowl, or are they one piece?

3. Is it glass on glass or does it have a rubber grommet?

4. Don't take it into the store. They don't like that. You will need to measure the diameter and the store should have plenty to chose from.

5. i used to have a zong and it wasnt glass on glass. im pretty sure if you went to a headshop youd be able to eye it out pretty well. definitely dont bring it to the store

6. It looks a lot like this but without the retarded rasta colors:
    http://www.realglasspipes.com/Zong-bong_clip_image002.jpg

So I guess to answer the questions its glass on glass but the downstem seems to be held in place by a little rubber ring that doesn't let it budge(I tried). And yeah the bowl is what's broken, the part that holds yer dope and slides in and out of the bong, I'd take pictures but I threw it away.

Ehh fuck, I ask because I didn't feel like driving into the city and the shitty tobacco store in my town has like one applicable bowl. It sounds like I can just go to a headshop and I should be fine. Thanks

7. That is the opposite of glass on glass. Glass on glass refers to the joint which would normally be a 14.4mm or 18.8mm sandblasted joint. Go and you'll be able to eyeball it quite easily.