Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Broke my ROOR little sista - is it fixable?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Oracle, May 11, 2008.

1. i broke it :( :( :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    who can fix it?

2. Depends on how many/how good the pieces you have left are, to me.

3. im sorry. how'd it happen?

4. first the downsteam stuck so i tried getting it out and i broke the downsteam + cracked the join.... I think I saw the crack getting bigger and when i hit it a little bit it fucking broke.... I'm using my molino defuser with a 500ml bottle of water to smoke now i want my roor :(

5. Aw man, that really sucks. I broke my roor too so I know how you feel. :mad:

6. ive seen them fixed before although i couldnt tell you where
    howd it break? too much weight on the neck?

7. any time you get a stem stuck i just run mine under hot water
    itll usually come right out
    i know thats no help now
    i feel for you man :(

8. i had an ashcatcher on it and tipped it over.

9. You should be able to take it to some headshops in your area and maybe they can have it reblown for a price. I know thats what i'd do.

10. ITs fixable but expensive. I barely chipped by bong and it would have cost $75 dollars to repair.

11. Ive fixed my bong before. many times. Broke just like that, about 11 pieces though. I epoxied, each one individually back on until it was all fixed, took a few hours and some carefull work but worked really well.

Attached Files:

12. Wouldnt the epoxy cause some kind of negative smoke?
    when the whole glass gets hot?

13. I highly doubt it.

14. Same exact thing happened to my double perced ZOB 3 days ago... im to lazy to fix it, i just use my roor steam roller + ash catcher now...

15. if you've got all the pieces, and there aren't that many, with enough patience you can prolly glue it. really depends on the shape, size of the pieces: sometimes there's a few that just won't cooperate. you could also take it to a headshop, it would be expensive. good luck whatever you do!

16. and this is why i will never buy a crazy-expensive bong :eek:

in all seriousness though, i would try and glue it. seems like going to a glass shop might cost more than it's worth? just a thought.

good luck with the glue, though :)

17. ya i was quoted around 125 including shipping the bong costs around $160 :mad: i think ill try to glue it but im thinking of getting a new thicker roor tube.

18. Either bring it someplace to widen the joint and insert a rubber grommet(dont know where), or possibly break it off slightly more evenly and use silicone glue to glue the downstem permanently to the bong...sorry for your loss man:(

19. indeed fixable but your probably gonna spend the same as you would to buy another..

20. no 100+ is outrageous , thats a sub $50 fix. clean it out thoroughly (can have absolutely no resin in it) and take it to the best glass shop around.

if your being quoted over $75 take it elsewhere. it is not worth that much and its easy to fix with any glass blowing skills

the same thing happened to my tube and it was fixed within three days, don't worry about the pieces. they melt off that old fitting and blow a new fitting in its place this is what mine looks like after it was fixed, you can't even tell.
    good luck bro
    [​IMG]