Broke my muthafukin ankle!

Discussion in 'General' started by Sherak, May 22, 2012.

1. Just wanted to share this peice of shit news with you all! :-( fortunaly for me I have a stash of pain killing Hash Plant to help me throu! and the sun fucking comes out the day after I break it and stays out!

How fucking hard are crutches to walk on! I thought... Ah it'll be cool, no biggie!.. WOT!... I did maybe half a mile last night, had to take three stops and was screwed!!! :) LOL.... Was worried I'd pack some pounds on... did it skating (board) and no skating I figured I would be packing in 6 weeks but if the first couple of days are anything to go by I will drop 10lb!

2. omg, i hyper-extended my knee one time and had to be on crutches for about the same amount of time you have to. they're so difficult to walk in! my armpits were killing me lol.

3. they didnt give me armpit crutches, they gave me some of those grey ones that support just below the elbow. I was saying, why the fuck didnt they give me the armpit crutches but sounds like they both have their issues :) LOL..

4. definitely. i never used the ones below the elbow, those seem like they'd be even more difficult to use, yikes.

5. I used to BMX as a kid. You get used to crutches. Breaking your collar bone is the worst Imo you cant do anything with out pain.

6. Happens mate, its part of life. I broke many fingers on my legs, but never broke anything other. Do you want to know how I broke them? Well first time I broke my thumb on leg when glass from furnite falled on my thumb, it was open broke (I dont know how say it), then in aqua park I was on tobogan I dont know how but I broke smallest finger. And once when I went upstairs in school without boots I broke my second smallest finger. Yes I know its pretty crazy.

7. I hate breaking fingers. Luckily Ive only broke two but it sucked. Id rather break my leg then a finger.

8. It would hurt little more when you break leg and then a finger. Just joking :D I am also not from english speaking country.

9. I broke my leg my first and last time boarding. Pulled the ligament over the patella, which pulled off a chip of it, and cracked the head of the tibia. I now have an arthritic cyst where the crack in my tibia was.

Oh and if your armpits hurt you are using the crutches wrong. Your weight is supposed to go on your hands, holding yourself up. Walking with the weight on your armpits can cause serious problems, that's where your nerves and arteries run.

10. Here, found a description how to use them. The quack, heh, doctor should have told you how to walk with them.

If an injury or surgical procedure requires you to keep your weight off your leg or foot, you may have to use crutches.

Proper Positioning
    The top of your crutches should reach between 1 and 1.5 inches below your armpits while you stand up straight.

The handgrips of the crutches should be even with the top of your hip line.

Your elbows should bend a bit when you use the handgrips.

Hold the top of the crutches tightly to your sides, and use your hands to absorb the weight. Don't let the tops of the crutches press into your armpits.

11. It also helps to get washcloths and wrap them over the part that goes under your arm pit and tape it on there.

I've been on crutches over 13 times, second nature to me.

12. oh i guess i was using crutches wrong for like a week haha.

13. makes sense, was only asking the other day why they dont give out those wooden crutches anymore in the UK,