Broke my bong, not by dropping it

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 130648, Aug 14, 2010.

1. So i just got an acrylic bong here from gc. It was pretty good for the price. After a couple weeks it got dirty so I washed it with rubbing alcohol and Epsom salt. I shook it around for a while and left it to sitting on the counter for 5 minutes cause I had to answer the door. I come back and the bong is fucking cracked. I guess the rubbing alcohol cracked it and it also took off some color. Once i poured it out and rinsed it out there was this white shit in the chamber. It won't wash out and if I rub the white stuff with a paper towel it won't come out but if i scrape it with my finger it comes off but it covers the whole top half of the chamber so I can't scrape it off. Anyway, don't clean acrylic with alcohol and salt... now I have to use my pipe which never gets me as high as my bong... Oh well lesson learned at least it was cheap

2. damn that sucks sorry to hear

3. Sorry about that run-on sentence lol

4. wish I could be sorry but it was just acrylic, those things are toys.

5. Don't use epsom salt man, that shit is what's used to de-ice roads. But it also fucks up asphalt. It's not good for you at all.

I just table salt, in my glass bong, and it works great. I'm not sure what happened but I'd hold off on using epsom salt.

6. ^yeah man you speak the truth

7. No it was the ISO obviously... It cracks acrylic....

8. This is why glass is superior when it comes to bongs.

9. bro my buddy had same thing happen to him he was cleanin his 4 footer acrylic and it left all these gross ass white stains in the bong and made it even dirtier it has never been the same since... so we tossed that shit out

10. dude fuck acrylic bongs.

11. [​IMG]

12. One of the main reasons not to get an acrylic bong is you can't clean them easily. I thought that was common knowledge.