Broke my bong bowl need help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ryan227, Dec 30, 2015.

1. My sis got me a 10 inch bong for Christmas and I just broke the bowl trying to clean it. I need help on figuring out which size replacement I need to buy. Like is it a 10mm 14mm or 18mm and how do I tell?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451513543.558412.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451513559.613856.jpg

2. #2 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2015
    Go to a headshop and ask them/try what they have... it appears to be 18mm

3. Use a tape measure.

thats a rubber grommet piece, definitely not 18, maybe a 7 or 9, either will work if its a 9.

4. What do I measure?

5. #5 dankness420, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015

Take the downstem out, and measure the opening at the bottom. But just the hole, don't include the glass. Convert it into mm if you are measuring in something else.

I believe the standard ones are either 7mm or 9mm. While your at it, might as well measure the length of the downstem so you don't get one thats too long, even if it was too long you can easily fix this by moving the rubber o-ring down.

Hope I helped!

Edit: oh and the cheap replacement ones are great, usually like $5-$10...never hurts to pick up a few at a time because accidents do happen. You can get some fancier ones too but most glass enthusiasts here would probably agree that glass on glass is the way to go if your going to invest.