Broke Bong - Can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Snoogins, Feb 17, 2010.

1. #1 Snoogins, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2010
    Alright, I didn't even break this when high which sucks even more. Long story short, my roommate's bong fell at the wrong angle. Has an extender in it, so of course it fell on the extender and broke off where the slider enters the bong (female downstem? not up to speed with my terms, forgive me).

[​IMG]

So, I'm stuck with two larger pieces and two much smaller pieces of glass, the head of the slide, and the bong. I called the local headshops and they don't do repairs, but I could possibly seek someone out locally. One headshop did suggest using epoxy. I have some 15-minute drying epoxy I used on my car's heated mirrors. The epoxy would not be near open flame as there is an extender. Should I try the epoxy? If worse comes to worse, I could scrape it off (or so said the headshop guy). Or is there something that I can buy as a replacement/"converter" to go over the broken piece on the bong?

Thanks in advance for any help, guys.

2. From that picture it looks like it only broke at the joint which is an easy fix. Find a local blower and he'll probably do it for $50 or so.

3. honestly man super glue works pretty fuckin well and it looks like china glass so i wouldnt bother gettin it reblowed.

4. hey man.. had the same thing happen to me once... except i sliced the whole part of my left hand... but we had a nursing studen there so i was okay i probably could have gotten stitches though.
    were there any pieces of glass that broke off, or was it pretty clean?

i would try to get some epoxy glue (that sets fast) and do one piece at a time. i would not be afraid to be liberal, because it drys and its like plastic. i dont think it will get too hot there were it is. if it does it probably is bad to breathe it in then. maybe get an ashcatcher or maybe u ahve one. good luck

what part of vt u from
    peace.