Brodman's Organic Ganja Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BrodMan Organics, May 14, 2017.

1. Hey all, :wave:

Harvest has happened!! It was a little bit of a cluster and I had to chop a lady two weeks early. But I’m really pleased with this round!!

I went out to the room on Thursday night and the Afghani #1 was done. I was hoping to take them all until Monday (today) but, I didn’t really have to the drying area for just one plant...two of the TOBC2 were starting to look finished as well. So I decided to just chop everything.

The first day I trimmed up the 2 Afghani #1 ladies, and my 3 TOBC2 ladies. TOBC2 ladies were all shorter than 2 feet, really short, bushy ladies!

At this time I realized I had a problem and didn’t really have anywhere to dry. I was having a poker game that night and couldn’t just leave all my ladies to dry in the room where were playing....

So I decided to chop everything in the room and dry in my controlled environment. (the two SSH ladies, one (not SSH) of which seemed really done, and the other looked like it had at least a week to go...it has seemed to have been the right decision as my flower room with lights off is staying around 66 and 50% RH so I might’ve figured out my harvest technique!

In doing this I realized I could pull an experiment to see if I noticed anything. I left the lone SSH lady in total darkness for 36 hours before I chopped her. Wow :eek2: was she more resinous! I’m thinking I might try and add this to the harvest time as well. It was really shocking to see.

Planning on moving the next round in on Thursday. Everything should be dried by then. I have 4 mother plants that I’ll be flowering out and also a round of clones of TOBC2 #4 and Afghani #1.

I found hermies on TOBC2 #2, and #6 so I really doubt I’ll run them again. I just don’t want that genetic trait in my garden...

Here’s some trim shots!!

Afghani #1 07DFB7E1-6799-43D9-B758-D7A418F6CF01.jpeg 4EE97467-FD87-4C73-9D5C-C4E5A975C1E7.jpeg 30B0B12B-21A2-4A6C-B6FD-E9A2E906E7A6.jpeg 3000F30D-FF36-4285-B651-4911EBB0C511.jpeg 55D9F80B-ACBE-448A-B570-BF5C65A3B6FA.jpeg

TOBC2 #2 537B7450-51F0-4817-974E-FD551A0FBF76.jpeg

TOBC #4 4F037F62-E54B-47D2-A0EA-9DC07C903D61.jpeg

TOBC #6 ED14D8FC-8E85-45D4-9C07-1969A8B9A878.jpeg 364A3067-A86C-4430-BDAC-DCDBB777EA69.jpeg

I guess it isn’t hard to see I liked the way Afghani #1 grew :roflmao:

Here’s to the process!!

:weed::weed::weed:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hey all,

I’m hoping to be a bit more of a help so I’m planning on updating a lil more often, especially with the trials and tribulations...it’s a stressful summer grow time!

I moved all the ladies over yesterday. I moved 2 moms, and 10 clones over, and was greeted with the hottest day of the year so far. I accidentally pulled a clone out while I was mulching rice hills. So I’m planning on moving one of my remaining moms in after I clone her tonight so it will be s full room this time around. (awful pic sorry but here it is) 3F0EF754-B4B4-4309-8987-AF9645F0B5BB.jpeg

Veg is empty and will have a few things after tonight. I’m planning on cloning my moms tonight, and also starting my Eros seeds from mob seeds.

My AC really has been doing a good job and working perfectly but one of the brackets that hold it on to the AC unit broke and has been tripping the sensor because it’s been working too hard . I think this is exactly what happened with my other AC unit when out...

I ordered the part and it will be here Wednesday after a next day air fee! Today is another hot one and tomorrow is supposed to be s cloudy day. So as long as it holds I should be ok. In order to help it, I raised it a few degrees (82 lights on, 76 lights off, usually 78 lights on, 72 lights off) so it’s not working so hard and somewhat connected it so it couldn’t move…

I did my ipm today of yucca, aloe powder, ritha, and citrus tonic today on all the ladies, I’ve really noticed, and love seeing, how happy the ladies are after I spray, that’s for sure!!

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. It would appear I got extremely lucky with the weather, and my timing...my ac unit is officially done, but I believe I know what happened and why it worked itself to death.

When I set up my room I put a longer exhaust hose on the ac unit so that it would be able to vent outside rather that cutting a hole in my room to the outside. After researching a hunch I realize this is a very large flaw in the design...it is causing the ac units to work to hard and overheat...

New grow plan! I’m planning on buying a new ac unit tomorrow on my way home from work. Cutting a hole through the wall Thursday morning for a vent and hooking up my portable ac unit correctly. This really should be (fingers crossed) the key to my environmental control. The flawed set up is exactly why things worked so well for the first round and why my environment was spot on. The AC unit was brand new and the fan could deal with the extra work, add on the fact that I dried in my flower room this round and it was a recipe for disaster...

Friday and Saturday is Blumat day!! Super nervous but it’s just time to get it done! Planning on hooking them up Friday, and monitoring everything Saturday and Sunday. After all is dialed in and looking good again I will flip on Tuesday or Wednesday!

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hey all, :wave:

Hope everyone had a happy fourth, was a busy last couple of days getting everything set up and switched over.

Things are looking good now with the new AC vent. AD6B0350-F3A9-4715-9B5F-F19545A12D20.jpeg Just have to mud a little bit more around the hole and I’ll be good to go. It really is keeping things consistent. EA71CF0B-646E-4185-961D-3F7349ADD04B.jpeg (Not ideal, but I’ll way take this over the 88, and 29% RH it was when I didn’t have the AC!). I think I may finally have the environmental control figured out, for today...:lmafoe:

I was having a little bit of an issue with an intake hole blowing cool air on the AC and it really wasn’t kicking on correctly, so I made up a little air redirector, EF23DB3A-8E14-4B46-8D6A-DBE300B871E1.jpeg it’s now blowing cool air along the floor and I think I’m actually going to do it with all of my intakes...

I have a little issue that I think is going to put blumats back a day...:D:blink::D I swear I’m doing them this round. I believe I’ve overwatered at the start of this round, and I don’t want to have the blumats dialed in to an overwatered soil.

I still need to watch some how to videos, and get comfortable with everything I’m about to do. I think I only forgot to get a couple hoses for the pump transfer and then I think I’m good to go!

Here’s the room now, 915CD1CE-C139-4A09-91F6-9190BD086130.jpeg 8D4F7530-3F5B-4BEA-B914-7EC89108A929.jpeg this round is Afghani, and two different TOBC2, (a random SSH might have made it in, lol) I have most of the TOBC2 I’m planning on keeping (#4) but wanted to run #2 one last time just in case I fall in love with her or she does something crazy. She didn’t get a ton of light last time and I’m wondering/hoping that’s why she wasn’t as chunky, but :confused_2: I know #4 and the Afghani are winners for sure!

I’m planning on doing one last chop and drop of the lower 1/3 tomorrow and then I’ll net and trellis up the moms that reach. I’m also planning on adding a layer of netting lower this round so I can help train the ladies that stay short.

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looks good man! Need to get those Blumats up and running! Will be a game changer in there. Grow looks pretty nice with those vert bulbs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you prepper! I’ve wanted to turn one of them into a hood, but when I was learning to grow in the med days this is how they hung there lights and I really liked that set up... I really like how the plants grow around them. However, along the way I realized just for canopy space alone I needed to add some hoods!!

I hear you about the blumats! I really am getting excited for them!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wow what a day! I definitely underestimated the set up portion of the two tank system. Truth be told I didn’t really have a plan and it showed to day...5 trips to Lowe’s later (not an exaggeration) I am roughly 1/2 way done...Here’s what I got so far...

My first step was to set up my gravity fed tank, as I figured it would be the most challenging. When at Lowe’s a few days ago I got what I thought was all parts involved and was on my way. I ran into several road blocks but at least have, what I believe to be, the hard part done.

First step is to drill the needed holes into the tank. 7C891E60-F6D4-4DF9-BE04-7DBA1135887C.jpeg 327B2840-3D7E-483A-AC1D-C6BDD79D99E6.jpeg 90283AC9-4464-4E60-82A2-D40C213FAF64.jpeg FE276EE0-373F-424A-85B5-6CEE66F80E65.jpeg This was actually my first extra trip to lowes and I needed to get a 15/32 drill bit, as you need a 12 mm drill bit for the blumat tank connections...

I needed four holes...2 for the blumat 8mm tube starters, 1 for my pump hose connection, and 1 for my overflow...

The connection part was easy, and I added plumbers tape in the threaded areas also. A2970EE1-F924-44AC-BC27-05FDA039E492.jpeg 823B9CE5-0AA7-41CF-8E73-1A511AD1F8A7.jpeg This part of the set up was also pretty simple, but did require a few extra trips to get the right connections... 3A1921E8-F320-4452-8AAC-66178C0F8E90.jpeg 0FBA8413-AEE2-4C44-AA06-F14AADC3D533.jpeg 73ED9227-6F19-4D71-AA94-818999B81106.jpeg 177C9525-BEA9-4450-BF15-DCF68823D844.jpeg

The bottom tank was really simple to hook up and just required a little panda film for light proofing. 3BF92648-0B16-4AAE-BF46-EEC19C50A7E9.jpeg

This took much longer then I anticipated, so I’m planning on getting all the lines set up tomorrow, having the blumat carrots soak all day (overkill I know) and setting up the rest at lights on tomorrow. After this is all done, I’ll be flipping to flower Tuesday!

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. :lmafoe: There’s been a

While I am very excited about blumats it would appear that I forgot a very important part :confused_2::confusedalt:

I totally didn’t get the right connections. I only got the 8mm x 8mm x 8mm t’s and I am going to need at least 24 8 x 8 x 3mm t’s to get all the blumats connected. Amazoning them right now and hopefully they’ll be here tomorrow!

I will say I’m a little nervous about my design. I’m not sure how I’m going to go about my room and do the nightly routine (minus watering!) without bumping the orange line. I’m petty cramped as it is right now. It honestly looks like my room would be better served with two reservoirs running each “pool” of ladies. Going to have to rack my brain on this one!

The only other thing I’ll be able to do is rearrange and move the blumats to the other side, but that would make filling the reservoir almost impossible to fill without bumping. Looks like I need to get out of the mind frame it will be perfect the first time and get into it’s going to be a trial and error type deal! This blumat dream will be a reality soon!

Since I was going to be busy all day setting up the lines, I’m going to get to creating a few things! EF5E5F15-1B2B-4139-A961-82C70B25153E.jpeg FCE8D47C-8B8F-46EB-A089-79B816A6962D.jpeg

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. It is and it isn’t I guess I’ve realized. Once I wrapped my brain around what I was trying to do it came together. There’s just so much info out there, I didn’t know where to start.

I still can’t wait to not have to water though. really looking forward to that, especially since the ladies will have the perfect moisture!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hey all, :wave:

I flipped to flower Monday and things have been going well, Last night the ladies got a MBP round, and today they were hit with the ipm regimen of Aloe, Yucca, Ritha, and Sprout tonic.

Planning on spraying next week also, and then my rounds of beneficial insects will be back on schedule, and spraying will stop.

The next two weeks I will be doing a Malted Rye Powder topdressing, as I’ve been doing this after I heard a science and cultivation podcast with coot, and he said it was high in P and I’ve done it week 2 and 3 of flower ever since...

I got 6 of the 9 blumat packages today and should be getting the other 3 soon. Planning on getting blumats set up on Sunday at lights on!! Really pumped for this step..my mom always told me I was a late bloomer!

Still a little bit in a personal dilemma...genetics have always been an issue with me. I’ve always popped seeds and never used others for clones...

I now have become friends with a few growers in the legal industry in my area and they have told me I can get a cut of anything they have. I am so curious to see some of the plants in my system, they even have a true Acapulco Gold, I’ve had my eye on forever. I just can’t get myself to open up this can of worms...I do have two ideas that I’m hoping could make this dream, a reality...

Does anyone have a plant dip they swear by? Or at least one that really works for us notillers? I remember a bug lady podcast where they talked about dips...better go listen!!

I’m in the process of setting up a new veg quarantine zone so I could start playing with different cuts and strains...I bought a 4 x 4 tent at the start of my grow career that has been in the box from the day I got it. I was figuring this would be my quarantine zone. Trying to make this happen, but I’m worried about needing more power for extra equipment...

I’m thinking that a new sewerage zone and a plant dip would hopefully ease my worry...what do y’all do when you get cuts?!

Nothing much to report otherwise...notill FTW!!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hey all,

Been in a pretty big personal funk lately. Trying to snap out of it, but it’s harder on some days...probably need to start smoking more Cannabis! :hookah::smoking::love-m3j: Also very thankful for Organics and all of the rabbit holes that’s given me an outlet to focus energy that would otherwise be put into something less positive.

Veg got hit today with 2 tsp of Neem, 1 tsp Karanja, aloe powder, yucca, and ritha tincture per gallon. Things are looking pretty good this round. I feel like my soil is too wet as I’m seeing some droopy leaves and not really the growth I saw last round. This has led me to a couple of conclusions and hopeful fixes...

Blumats have been put off. :lmafoe: I swear it’s for good reason! I’m going to do everything the way it should the first time and not take shortcuts that would set me up for failure later. I ordered a blumat digital moisture meter that should be here today or tomorrow, and am planning on dialing in all of my pots.

In putting off the blumat set up I’ve rethought my design and actually plan to set up a different tank with a float valve for my top reservoir rather than just a timer. I am worried and feel like the top tank will be too heavy for the shelf I have in place. With a smaller tank and a float reservoir I feel like the psi will stay consistent for the blumats and should be what I’m looking for...

Over the course of the next two days I’ll dial in my pots to 100 mbar, and have them ready for installation day on Wednesday night. My float valve should arrive tomorrow as well and I’ll set up that tank. Planning on having my Lines and t’s already set up so I will just have to insert my carrots and drippers.

I also ordered a few different stakes for the tubing and drippers. I couldn’t get myself to spend a small fortune on blumat stakes… So I decided to try a few other options. For the price of one pack of blue mats I’ve got 5 50 packs all different kinds to try out…I’m just hoping one works and I don’t have to end up buying the blumats stakes as well, LOL!

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. U can use an inverted plastic fork as a stake for blumat
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Sounds like you’re staying busy man! Can’t wait to see pics when you have it all setup!

• Like Like x 2
  14. :lmafoe: So I did my first blumat moisture meter test... :confused_2: 34 mbar, :bolt: I will say it was one of my wettest pots, and I knew that one for sure was overwatered… But :smoking::blink::roflmao:

Again...:lmafoe:

I really knew I had been overwatering, my spidey sense kicked in at least a little earlier this time around. Another time the science and cultivation podcast came through!! Going to let everything dry out over the next few days and as soon as I get that 100 mbar rating and set up blumats!!

Looking at it now I’m actually a little shocked things look so good with how wet it is in there... little victories!!

That’s a great idea @Sc00byD00bie :metal: Thank you! Should’ve thought outside the box!

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thank you prepper! Planning on taking good pics and putting it all up in case it helps anyone. Looking back at it, would’ve been nice when I started the blumat journey to have a set up tutorial...so, hoping it will be helpful!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hey everyone, :wave:

Nothing major to report. Things are steadily drying out, and looking better. On Tuesday night the reading was in the 75ish mbar rating...

I did have to water in Malted Rye Powder with some coconut water last night, and I sprayed my foliar feeding of sprout tonic, yucca, aloe, and ritha today at lights out, so it is probably a little wetter...

They probably will need to dry out a little more after today and then I should be ready to set up blumats with what should be around a 100mbar rating I’m hoping for.

I have officially changed my design again. After this round I am revamping to a set up I’m really excited about! I just sent out for a quote of two grass roots raised beds. In looking at @Prepper420 set up and hearing him saying how much he loves them I really think this will be so helpful. Not to mention that blumats would be so much easier to deal with and I could go to the blusoak drip tape...can’t wait!

My space is a little awkward so I’m planning on getting two different beds made. one 3ft x 4ft x 14-18in H, and the other 3ft x 6ft x 14-18in H. This will make things so much easier to maneuver in my space. I’ll go from 6” on each side of my grow space to 2 feet. and canopy space won’t be depleted at all. Really excited about this! Not looking forward to moving over the soil, but really looking forward to seeing the room after these are set up!

Next round can’t get here fast enough! :confused_2::roflmao:

Here’s to the process!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hey all, :wave:

This blumat journey is becoming a long one. I decided to build an actual shelf that will hold 100+ lbs and I’ll be able to put up a reservoir that will be adequate.

The soil seems to be staying on the wet side. I sprayed my last round of neem yesterday and when I checked a pot the moisture meter said 64 mbar. I am foliar feeding on my schedule today so things might be a little wetter also. Hoping to have everything dried out enough by Wednesday night that I’ll be able to hook them up then.

Things are looking pretty good. 49D993FF-ECE3-4DC1-805E-E288069F9C89.jpeg Flowers are forming! 955C1F25-8C73-47D9-A4BE-DB5933B94D64.jpeg 3EF89E59-FE52-4A55-9C96-F025434589B8.jpeg

The afghani mom that I flowered is just absolutely huge! C83F1BFE-63D5-4AA7-9FAD-6C32358883FA.jpeg

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 4
  18. #160 kdiesel, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1