Brodman's Organic Ganja Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BrodMan Organics, May 14, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, :wave:

Just a little update. Flower is still looking good. The ladies have really responded to being being defoliated. They are just starting to get trained through the netting.

I haven’t snapped any pics in there lately since I’ve been busy in the veg closet. I’ll snap a few this weekend when I’m not so rushed from the work week.

Blumats took a week stand still. I ordered the wrong reservoir and don’t have the funds to get a new one until next week. So, that will become the weekend afters this ones task...

Had a very successful round of clones. A0BCC1CB-4005-489A-B3D5-D2A4F8D95BB3.jpeg 83997967-430D-4584-8613-96F7A7A700E1.jpeg EE6AA7B6-2DC4-48F1-959A-B1D7D6B7F170.jpeg

I put a twist on my normal cloning technique and it seems to have worked rather well!

Nothing major...I just had perlite a little thicker in the bottom of the tray and actually had water in the bottom consistently, add the heat mat and this round was better than any round I’ve had to date!

Here’s veg now. F4275A24-F001-4163-8265-2AAEFD691C6E.jpeg :lmafoe: Parson the cardboard. The saucers from Amazon’s got delivered today and I switched it out. It was only an overnight fix. Just didn’t feel like taking another pic.

Not sure which ones are keepers and what ones aren’t. I guess I’ll know in two months when flower is done!

Off to bed, almost my weekend. Here comes Friday!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Here’s to the process!

:weed::weed::weed:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hooray! The AC debacle is solved, not a moment too soon, because we’re supposed to have a pretty hot spell the next two weeks in my neck of the woods...The old AC was causing the breaker to trip as it was getting too hot causing the trip. I had rigged up a sort of filtration for the air since it stinks and really alerts the neighbors of a skunk in the area...:bolt:

Got the new AC all hooked up and it is really working out nicely. Here’s the room now.....Just from opposite corners. 11047153-90EF-4704-8A35-3E0F6F91183C.jpeg 51C1FBA0-0B8F-43DD-8EC5-261AFF70556C.jpeg

It’s officially flower time! 08BA4960-6231-4C29-B735-8AEC47D6D4F3.jpeg 56BBB979-50A4-4EB9-BBF9-9F212A1FE90B.jpeg

The stretch is definitely on, the SSH is really starting to fill in the canopy nicely and I’m tucking and pulling through the net on a nightly basis. 30412DD6-2A12-4B34-A78F-A8108AB3FE80.jpeg

As you can see in the first couple pics TOBC2 is staying nice and short, but has gotten up to about 18” or so now...

I pulled an experiment after reading @Sc00byD00bie journal. He puts rooted clones directly into his notill environment and flowers. I had some Afghani #1 clones from a round that I ended up not flowering (only got 2 females out of 8, and didn’t want to waste the electricity for a pheno hunt with only 2 ladies...). 00A6FF7B-9F44-4A25-8FBF-EFA89415E744.jpeg 500A99D3-38A8-4589-A2C2-5FA074FA749F.jpeg

I took 6 clones, put 2 in there 15 gallon notill homes 6 days after I moved everything into this room...here’s the ladies now! They’re doing good and really have surpassed my expectations!

I only have my pump to order and I’ll have all working parts for my blumats. Really excited to get them hooked up, but also really nervous at the same time!

I also will be ordering my first of three rounds of beneficial insects. I’m calling tomorrow to see what I’m going to go with, but I’m thinking, green lacewings, predatory mites, predatory nematodes, and possibly lady bugs, and or parasitic wasps...

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Looking good man! Fixed AC is always a joy! Lol. I would also suggest with Predators that you get ones that interact well vs eat each other. I know that Lady Bugs & Green Lacewings go well together, but would prolly snack on the very expensive predator mites. Just have to release them at different times and all that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Hey Broodman, looking good brother!
    Yeah you are going to be surprised what a rooted clone in a big pot can do even without veg time.
    Here's a shot of my first round, I underestimated how big my cuts would get and I squeezed 16 of them in a 4x4 matrix. They got 3 days of veg just to get them over the transplant shock.

This is what they looked like when I flipped the lights (I added another column of 4 on the left a few days later as those cuttings haven't rooted yet)
    [​IMG]

By the end of the cycle I was training them in a crisscross fashion on top of each other so they wouldn't grow into the lights :laughing:
    [​IMG]

Needless to say this was a process of trail and error, I've since limited my plant count to 12 at a time, and I might even go with less and just give them a few days veg (like 7 days) to compensate.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thank you @Prepper420 that’s good to know! Don’t want anything eating each other!

I did see that amazon item on your journal...depending on how expensive the bugs are I might just use that for one of my releases!

Thank you @Sc00byD00bie It really is pretty crazy. I knew things could get stretchy from watching your journal but I’m really shocked at how they’ve done. I put them in at about 2” and they’ve just loved life and really shot up. Thank you for stopping by!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hey all, :wave:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! 822F2405-F94A-42E7-88CC-A2E4C3BB42C7.jpeg Here’s my room of potential moms :jump:

Flowers are starting to develop. 07B21A2B-9E17-44CF-9648-247EF6F7C753.jpeg D72784D5-1267-4877-9311-A3153268162B.jpeg 7E92029C-0B6D-45D7-B80D-C7DBB9926845.jpeg

While I was very skeptical of the defoliating I did as it felt so unnatural, the ladies really haven’t shown anything other than being happy to this point! I also really like the fact that that underneath the canopy is so much cleaner. Looks like I’ll definitely be sticking with this.

The SSH really is really built for this style though, she stretches so much. B4470916-806F-491D-B8AA-917FAE12066D.jpeg

I was supposed to hook up blumats this weekend I completely spaced :smoking: that today wasn’t for projects and is for helping the wife and family!

I’m going to get all the tanks connectors, and pumps set up, this week, so I’ll have to do is just the actual blumat part. I think that will help also help make installation a little easier as I’m not doing everything in one day.

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Hey all, :wave:

Veg is officially going to start to get cramped... I just ordered my 3 gallon pots from amazon and they should be here Saturday. Not really sure if I’m going to transplant all of them or maybe just two of each strain...Veg got a MBP topdressing (every Wednesday) and sprayed the following day with sprout tonic and ritha.

Flower had it’s last round of MBP topdressing as well and is still looking really good. I got all the nets up around TOBC2, and it’s definitely showing signs of the stretch, so it should start to fill the canopy soon! 42239BF0-9F72-4ADE-937F-B400E3BE998C.jpeg The SSH is starting to fill in nicely as well 2DE8613F-79F2-47D8-B843-3D47DBB55DDF.jpeg

My bugs came in the mail today so I’m setting of the troops tonight after lights on! I’m releasing rove Beatles, green lacewing eggs, predatory mites, predatory nematodes, and something else that slipped my mind....this really is for my own peace of mind.

For those that have followed along, the last two weeks of flower on my last round I had roughly 30-40 mites I found while trimming. Their was no damage the whole cycle and I only found them on the last 3 plants I trimmed, which made me believe this was a hitchhiker or something that makes its way in over the summer.

Since I’m not spraying in flower I wanted to have some sort of predator system if anything does try to find it’s way in, another reason I went with so many different species, I’m going with the an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure analogy...

Here’s to the process!!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hey all, :wave:

A little stressful time in the garden atm. I went out on Thursday Night and found some fuzz on the leaves. I inspected very carefully and determined it to be old MBP from the night before... I wiped it off and cleaned the leaves and moved along my normal process.

Friday wasn’t really anything noticeable so I figured that’s exactly what it was and all was fine. I got home from work and started thinking and started researching. I determined that it actually was the start of PM and I officially have an issue. It was confirmed when I went out to the garden last night and there was new fuzz...

While searching I was able to start to really try and figure out why this is happening otherwise it’s pointless to continue, and I needed to scrap and revamp...My humidity is in the 60-67% range at lights out....(it’s usually in the 48% range at lights out...)Adding my AC and not really relying in my outtake fan is what has made the humidity jump..

This round I also added botanical tinctures and was spraying a neem tincture rather than my normal 2/3 neem 1/3 Karanja, aloe, and saponins ipm spray...so I’m thinking I didn’t have the usual resistance levels I usually did...pure speculation on my part, but it makes sense to me...

Those two things together and I think I created the perfect storm for a PM breeding ground...so my hopeful solution is as follows...

Lights on temps were getting into the 80 range (usually 78 with lights on) so I’ve turned down the lights. Now running 2 600w, and 2 500w, rather than 2 100w, and 2 500w. When I do this the temps usually is in the 75-77 range.

I am also going to set my AC a little different and have my fan kick on at lights off at 68-70 rather than at 74. I was using the fan as a back up to the AC, but now intend to use them in conjunction a little better so the extra RH is pulled from the room.

Last protective measure was to spray my normal IPM...I didn’t want to but figured spraying neem a 8 day later than usual, or losing a room/plants it was an ok step...so at lights out I just sprayed my normal IPM or Neem oil at 2 tsp, Karanja oil @ 1 tsp, 1/4 tsp of aloe powder, Ritha (saponins), and yucca (1/8 tsp)

I put this in boiling water and shake it up in a mason jar until it becomes nice and foamy and then mix with a gallon of water and spray. I also turned off the veg light a little early and sprayed veg. I did order some potassium bicarbonate (or baking soda works too) but listened to the podcast after the fact. Coot said it’s a great preventative/fix for PM outdoors, but that he wouldn’t use it indoors... so :confused_2:

Hoping this is the start of the fix! I feel the cause is mainly environmental, with a touch of some other factors.

Here’s to the Process!!

9. #109 AKpermafrost, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    I’m sorry to hear ya got PM. I have been doing a LOT of research on PM in the last 3 weeks. I potentially have a new job as a grower (legally) and they have a big problem with It from what I was told. That’s why I have been doing so much research. Anyways I don’t have any experience dealing with it but like I said I do have a LOT of info I can through your way if you would like to hear it or possibly try.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Thank you! So far things look good. I believe that the air was getting to stagnant in flower. I wasn’t using my exhaust fan properly and it was set up on a temperature gauge, so it only kicked on at 75 when lights on and 70 with lights out..at lights out that actually never happened because of the ac so the air was a little humid and not as scrubbed as it should have been.

Things really looked much better after the spray and defoliate but we’ll see what things look like tonight!

Thank you!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got to keep an exhaust fan going 24/7 man . Even with my AC running I run my exhaust fan. Got to exchange that air!

“You are unlimited!”
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I completely hear that! My main problem is that my exhaust fan now is too large, for my area. My design has changed so much from when I built the room.

I now have my exhaust fan on a timer that runs on constantly when the lights are on, and 30 minutes out of every 115 minutes when the lights are off. If I don’t it get way too cold in there. I used to not have it on at all. So things should hopefully be back on track.

The wife and I are remodeling our house and when we put in our heat pump I’m going to have them put one of those units like your grow in mine. Then hopefully environment will be taken care of and I can put a proper size fan in. It will be challenging because I cut a 10” hole back in the day through the ceiling and I’m trying to figure out if I want to patch it or try to figure out another way, when I go to a smaller fan.

I’m thinking a 6” would be suitable for having something going 24/7 to have the air exchanging constantly. When I first started I I didn’t have an ac and an exhaust fan was my only form of environment control :lmafoe:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey all :wave:

I believe I have remedied what is wrong and things should hopefully be back to normal. I had taken a precaution when it got hot and never switched it back. The exhaust fan wasn’t really running at lights out and the air was just way too stagnant.

I gave the ladies a serious haircut and I’m regretting it a little. 63A7DB6E-1220-4C25-A6FC-17FA6C3CEA08.jpeg It was a little bit of a knee jerk reaction, but there definitely needed to be more air flow through the canopy, so :confused_2:

SSH is looking good 499CB806-32A6-4080-ACFD-95CA09F3C5D7.jpeg of the three ladies I have two that look like possibles, and one that doesn’t even resemble SSH...

TOBC2 is looking good, 50DD43EC-D207-4F66-9EBC-B6E1A95B827C.jpeg Of the four plants I have two look almost identical and lean toward the afghani side of things. The above pic is from one of those. One plant is much less farther along and is what I consider the Thai side of the coin, the fourth plant is somewhere in between the two.

Here’s the veg room. 94675EF8-1907-43D2-82BB-3556F35AA7DF.jpeg Finally got all the different potential moms into bigger homes. I ran out of soil, so the few extra will either be out outside or be in one of 3 spare pots I have that don’t have plants yet. Just depends on what the room is looking like in a week, and if all issues have passed...

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blumats! Blumats! Blumats!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. :lmafoe: I hear you sc00b! They’re coming!!

To be completely honest I’ve decided to do it after this round… I haven’t had a round look this good before and I just have a serious paranoia of that something up wrong and do something to hurt my ladies, or flood them. I’m in a pretty good groove hand watering now, I know the Blumat will be the missing link...But I just can’t get myself to do it mid round :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hey man it's cool. Just an idea but if you are worried why not set it up with a 5gallon bucket (you can fill it half way for starters to give you more peace of mind) with just one blumat carrot, no drippers no nothing else and just water one plant with it. You can see how it works so you'll have some expereince going in next round for the whole system and I bet you the plant you put it on is gonna thank you for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Blue Mats are where it’s at!

“You are unlimited!”

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. That’s a great idea actually! That way it’s only 5 gallons if I do something awful and if I get used to it I can just set up the whole room for the last month of flower! I have just the plant too, the one SSH that has been lackluster, and actually smells like SLH...

Thank you sc00b!!

I know! I’m getting on it! Never realized I had such a fear of failure before :confused_2::bang::smoking::biggrin:

I really can’t wait to have them set up!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Hey man, this is a legit thing to be concerned about. In my space I put down a waterproof tarp that basically cradles the whole no-till bed. I put it there because I was worried, same as you, of what will happen if it floods. Today after using the system for a few years I wouldnt bother with it, but I needed the time seeing it working well to know I can trust it.

20. This is exactly why I have the kiddie pools in my room... They’re so big and shrink my floor space but I put them there for when I set up Blumat sun case of flooding. I couldn’t imagine walking into 45 gallons of water in the room :eek::confused:

• Like Like x 1