Brodman's Organic Ganja Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BrodMan Organics, May 14, 2017.

1. Been a busy start to the time off! Have a bunch to update about, I might break it up into two posts, so it's not to too much info, but here we go...

I took the lady in the 15 gallon 5 days after I took her tops, and I think I'm going to start implementing this practice. The lower growth really ramped up towards the end. I actually would've liked to do it in thirds spaced 5 days apart. So take the tops, then 5 days later take the next 1/3, and then 5 days later take the rest. I think that would work perfect for my lighting and environment.

IMG_1569.JPG IMG_1582.JPG

If I was more confident I would have let her go a little while longer. She didn't seem quite finished but I'm definitely happy the way the dried nugs look.

IMG_1606.JPG IMG_1607.JPG

Even smoked a joint for the first time in years, I was so excited about it. Only made it half way through it, lol...but it tasted good!

As I sit back and think about this round. I'd give myself a C+... I was very committed and energized, but I wasn't prepared enough, either in my grow plan or my knowledge...

I was probably over committed to be honest, but my energy wasn't directed in the right areas. I thought I would just mix up my soil add water and it would be figured out. BIG mistake.

I got overwhelmed in the begining and made a few awful mistakes and cut a few corners. Which added up to me having a few more issues than I anticipated...I didn't really handle the stress well and things never really seemed to get better after that point.

The main issue I had I believe was pot size, and being able to keep a constantly moist environment. The reason I think this is because the 15 gallon plant didn't show any of the signs I've been seeing. I'm going to test this theory in my next round, and hopefully should finally get my answer.

The second issue was environmental, and truthfullly beyond my control. BUT...I learned a huge lesson and have my plan for the future. So I'd say that is a huge win!

I'm Loving the process and the journey! This organics stuff really is contagious!

:weed::weed::weed:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SSH is over and onto the next round! I'm excited about this round. Should be abe to determine the last few remaining issues and set things up for the future.

There is going to be a heat wave this week so I decided to chop my one lady in flower. It will get just too hot in there (already jumped up to 81 at lights out) and I decided it wasn't worth the energy to keep one plant going, so I chopped her and shut flower down for now.

In preparing for the heat wave I decided to transplant the ladies in veg. I figured a 1 gallon pot wouldn't cut it. Even though I probably could make it at least another week if it weren't for the heat...I had planned a MBP top dress, followed by a neem spraying, then aloe vera watering, before tranplanting to get ready...

I realized thought that will be right in the middle of the heat and would just be too stressful. So I transplanted all expect 2 immediately.

IMG_1594.JPG IMG_1596.JPG IMG_1598.JPG

I did something extra on this TP that should allow me further pinpoint my issue and understand what's going on. I'm learning that taking your time and getting things right first really can't be understated! I decided to add 1 1/2 TBSP of bone meal as I transplanted.

A very smart blade told me this should give me the plants I'm looking for. My aunt also gave me a bag of bone meal when she gave me my tomato plants a few years ago...and I've seen fabulous results with this when I remember on my tomatos!

Planning on top dressing MBP on wednesday, and then starting my IPM spray on Thursday. Will give them aloe watering on friday and then moving them over into flower...

Thinking probably Sunday ish depending. The heat is supposed to be gone, but I want to make sure! That will give me roughly 8 weeks until October!

• Like Like x 2
  3. hey man, hope your enjoying your time off. those dried buds look great, nice trim too. just wanted to say congratulations on completing your ssh grow cycle, and good luck with your knee procedure. here's to a quick and easy recovery.
    I'd actually recommend trying some juiced cannabis while you're recovering. I had a surgery and experienced way better healing once I started juicing cannabis regularly. my doctor was kind of amazed. between the improved recovery and reduced joint inflammation I've experienced, I was thinking you might see some benefit as well.

indicas with massive, thick, stacking colas of dense flower will not do well here, and are very susceptible to bud rot. the indicas that will do well here are ones with good airflow, producing either large, open buds that dry out well after rain and allow the air to blow through them, or lots of small, dense, berry sized nugs well distributed all over the plant.
    You should check out local breeders in oregon and washington, strains bred in your growing environment will have the highest chance of success outdoors. I'm also looking for ideal strains for outdoor growing in the pnw, I'll let you know if I ever find a bulletproof indica for this environment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #64 BrodMan Organics, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    Thank You Zephyr!! I was pretty pleased with the end product, Trimming is my absolutely least favorite part of the entire process...so I'm really committed to being as efficient as possible! Lol.

I completely agree about the juicing. I had enough leaves after cloning to juice for the first time...During those two weeks I felt better then I have in a long time.. It was actually pretty shocking. Needless to say I juice every morning I have leaves!

I'll definitely look into breeders in my area! I'm so out of the loop and really only have one friend who smokes, so I don't keep up with all the latest. I'll have to google and see if I can find any local breeders...I'm sure there at least has to be one or two.

The wife did tell me we should be able to go to Hempfest this year! The last year I was there, there were numerous breeders so I'm hoping it's the same this year...That''s how I scored my CBD yummy seeds, and I want more!

Hope things are doing good for you zephyr!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hey all :wave:

Been a while since an update...Had one of those weeks that makes you realize life is too short, hug your family at all chances, and to always let people see your best side.

I'm really starting to get excited about this round. The summer enviornment issues seem gone and things are much more dialed in...It's been 76.3 with lights on, and 69.9 at light out!

I think I should really see how things can do in my system, I've taken all the extra steps and have been meticulous to this point and not rushed anything...

All 10 ladies are now in flower...3 PAK, 2 WW, 2 CK, 1 SSH, 1 AL, and 1 SK. They've been in there for a week tomorrow. This was three days ago after I lst'd them...

IMG_1623.JPG

And this was last night...Possibe a couple have been overwatered, as they seem a touch droopy...they haven't drank nearly as much as the previous two rounds, as I did keep the plants smaller than I like this time around to help test my pot size theory also...

IMG_1647.JPG

Have a MBP top dressing tonight, followed by an IPM spraying at lights out on Monday. I really like to coordinate spraying after MBP top dressings because that powder gets everywhere, and just clogs things up! Since I like to keep my ladies clean and shiny, spraying right after seemed to just work out best...

The outdoor garden has been pretty good also. I like to grow big plants, lol, it makes me think I know what I'm doing in my head... but the tomato plant I put in the 65 gallon smartie has just exploded! The thing just keeps getting bigger!

IMG_1648.JPG IMG_1650.JPG

Works for me though! I've been enjoying cherry tomotos for a few weeks now!

IMG_1652.JPG

Hope everyone enjoys there last bit of summer!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hey all, :wave:

Been a tough week! My knee has really been bothering me. It's definitely surgery time (8 days away!). The worst part is my newborn daughter got her first cold and I caught it...I haven't been able to medicate for the last few days because of my lungs and my asthma. So it's been a tough, painful few days!

Things are still looking good. There is a much deeper green color I'm seeing that I'm attributing to the bone meal at this point. This was wednesday....

IMG_1654.JPG

And this was last night...The stretch is on!

IMG_1671.JPG

The PAK seem to be doing fine this time around. I'm thinking my issues in my first grow with it was overwatering. The WW also seems to be happy, and the one SSH I have is really looking good. Time to keep things going in a positive direction!

Hope everyone enjoys there Sunday!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well...it would appear I severely underestimated recovery time from the surgery. I was expecting, and told to expect to be back to norma in 3-7 days. I figured the wife would only have to water for that time...she's watered the last two weeks. I haven't been able to step foot out there since the operation... Tonight will be the first time I've been in my grow room for two weeks.

I'm starting to freak out! Who knows what I'll walk out to tonight. She said things look good and that only last night she saw the first sign of yellowing (I'm on week 4 of flower now.

A few good things have come of the wife watering if something is awful when I go out. She said it's WAY too cramped in my space and gave me the green light to expand as soon as I'm able to start working on the build! So that's a plus!

These are from 6 days ago...so it should be very different from when I was last in the room two weeks ago and a noticeable difference from the photo!

IMG_1719.JPG

Hoping I like what I see when I go out there. I guess this really will be a test in things are good. The last two weeks all my wife has done is water and sprinkle some diatoaceous earth on the floor. Nervous and anxious all at the same time!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hey all! Finally back at it! :rave-girl:

Unfortunately I hurt my knee worst going into my room (I have a trap door into my room) after my last post. Luckily I didn't tear anything worst and just had to take an extra 4 weeks off work o_O. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks in and can finally move again and have gotten a chance to get back into the garden!

I will say the wife has done a really good job on the watering! And the addition of the bone meal at transplanting really looks to be paying off! This is the best organic round I've ever had...and I haven't been in the garden for 5 out of the 6 weeks of flower! :lmafoe:

These are from a week ago on the 20th...will get a few more tonight!

IMG_1749.JPG IMG_1758.JPG IMG_1760.JPG

The PAK is really starting to look good! I lost a WW to hermies last night, but everything else is really looking good. The Amnesia lemon really has stretched out, it's over 4' tall!

Hope everyone had a nice end of summer and start to fall!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hey all! :wave:

Things are really starting to look good and I'm actually excited to start trimming! One funny development...I have been off in my timing. I thought I was just starting week 7...but I'm actually starting week 8 of flower. Kind of a big mistake! I'm basically done, and just need to start trimming!

The PAK's really are looking good. I think I've found my indica. Definitely ordering more of these seeds and going to try and find a winner...

IMG_1762.JPG IMG_1763.JPG IMG_1772.JPG

Here's the Amnesia Lemon...some serious sativa traits going on on this lady!

IMG_1769.JPG

Trimmed up the two plants that hermied out. The WW didn't look all that special but again the PAK was soooo resiounous. Can't wait to make some dabs with these flowers!

IMG_1790.JPG

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

• Like Like x 2
  10. #70 thezephyr, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    those purple afghans look amazing, classic kush bud structure with some intense color. I think you definitely have found a winner with that strain.

I meant to reply to your post in the lounge about flowering times... I actually don't keep track of my flowering period anymore, unless I'm making notes for a breeding project. since all our grows are so unique in terms of technique and environmental conditions, the breeder's expected flowering time rarely has much bearing on the actual ripeness of the plant.

these are all indicators that would tell whether a plant is ripe:
    pistils should be faded and receding
    and in some cases you will also see
    fan leaves are dropping, or are fading to brown
    yellowing tips of guard leaves
    the plant is using less water than it used to

all of the pistils in your photos are brown and receding, so those buds appear to be fully mature and ripe for harvest. hope trimming is going smoothly, I'm working on my outdoor harvest right now.

11. Thank you so much zephyr! I was really pleased with this round. Definitely found a winner imo!

As I was trimming I saw what everyone was talking about. Even my WW that I thought was no where near done was mature and ready!

Looking forward to after the cure!! :weed::weed::weed:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hey all!

One of those time in my life when I can't contain my excitment! Just finished up drying and jarred up the last of the harvest. I trim 2 plants a night so my drying window usually spans out a bit, but they're all dried now!

IMG_1801.JPG

Now is one of the times I love when I have to figure out what to make!! I've done two runs of bho to this point, and am planning on making cannabutter tomorrow, followed by tincture, and infused olive oil. I potentially might make some caps too if I can figure out the process.

Here's the first pan right before I scraped it up...

IMG_1797.JPG

And here's the second batch that's been on the low and slow purge since thursday...

IMG_1799.JPG

The wife is taking the kids on vacation in 2 days so needless to say it's going to be a very exciting and hazy time around the ganja farm!

Hope everyone is having a great fall!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Been a busy week!

I got under way on making the grow space bigger. I'm almost done and just need the electrician to come hook things up! The space is going from 5 x 12 to 11 x 21, also going to add a little extra wattage...

Walking in it's unreal how much space there is. It should be the final ingredient to the bigger plants I seek. I'm really getting excited now!

Been busy trying to read as much as possible about processing. Have some tincture marinating, made a round of butter, and am attempting to infuse olive oil as I type this. Hoping it turns out! The recipe possibilities are endless!

I'm also attempting these... Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads for now I substituted bho for the hash in the recipe. This is the project I really hope works out. Being able to medicate with no smoke or calories really sounds good!

Definitely going to try my hand at hash making also. I've been trying to sort through all the info and YouTube videos out there to find a technique.

Hope everyone is enjoying harvest season!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey all,

Been busy with construction. I have the structure up and all the muddling and taping finished...now the fun part begins! Here's the before..

IMG_1838.JPG

These two are inside the room now. It' really is unreal how much space is in there now. You can see the outline of the old room in the first pic (2 x 4 frame) Total space of the room now is 14' x 7' 6" x 8'. Definey excited to get things under way!

IMG_1840.JPG IMG_1846.JPG

Had the electrician out to see about installing this...

IMG_1854.JPG

Always a fun time trying to explain what I need and what outlets are put where. I hadn't told them before what I was doing so when they walked in I think they were a little in shock! :lmafoe: Suprize! I don't think they realize besides the wife they're the only one that's even been in this room!

Ordering the majority of the equipment now and going to get underway installing what I can. Adding 2k watts and going bigger on the exhaust fan. Also adding 4 oscillating fans, for 6 total. Going to also add some temperature and humidity controllers. I'm hoping to really get things dialed in nicely this time around!

The electrician is 2 weeks out so I have a little waiting to do. I'm hoping to be far enough along that it's just plug it in and go when the timer gets hooked up!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Been a slow road! Had a few set backs, with equipment delays and work getting crazy busy, but things should be on all wrapped up and ready to plant after this weekend!

The last few amendments should be showing up and I ordered some 15g smart pots for this round. Should be quiet nice, I hope I can find a winner!...

Got my last order of seeds in and this is what I'll be working with this time around! Plus a few freebies that I'll finally get to experiment outdoors with! Really excited about that!

IMG_1868.JPG

The last bits of construction, set up, and cleaning will be done this weekend and will get to planting early next week.

Going to start the soil reamending process after all is set up. My plan is to put everything in its containers and water with a neem tea. Then I will add my amendments a few days after that and eat it sit for roughly a month before a plant goes into it...

I fee like I have a good grasp of my environment and now is the time I should be able to answer questions and help others in this grow journey!

Going to look into soap nuts for my ipm after listening to the coot podcast, and have definitely added bone meal into my recipe/amendments.

Here's to the process!!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hi Brodman, I just read through your journal and wow, you remind me of myself at how you are too hard on your self bro lol!! Everyone I've known who has grown SSH and Arjans haze gets hermies like they are growing landrace hemp. I love the strain, and have purchased it recently but never have i grown any of their gear. Just so many herm stories over the years, too many to count

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yea, I unfortunately tend to put a lot of pressure on myself that's for sure. After the second round, I wasn't enjoying growing my own meds and things weren't going as planned.

I knew I needed a different mind frame! A big part of it was not just flying by the seat of my pants and actually attempting to understand what was going on in my soil and the inputs...

The real turning point I have to say was when I used my own EWC for the first time (in my mix) and the addition of bone meal. Those two things took my plants from meh to looking like the last round did!

We had a SSH in the production set up I was a part of that was amazing. I'll never forget that smell, and Never saw a hermie on her ever...hoping to find her again!! Lol.

Although completely agree about the Arjan's, we always had to start watching that at day 45 just in case. Never understood why we kept her around...I never liked the Arjan's smoke all that much...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Hey all! :wave:

Been way too long! Unfortunately the holidays got to my family and we've been trying to recoup ever since! Still not 100% yet but way closer to feeling better than where I was 10 days ago!

Things have been moving along. I reamended my soil and have finished the flower room addition. I haven't plugged it in yet to check out how bright the room is now, but soon!

I planted 10 G-13 haze seeds from Barneys Farm on 12-23-17. I have 7 survivors. I was really excited about that actually as they were pretty old and I really didn't attempt to store them property...

IMG_1884.JPG

I just transplanted into 1 gallon pots today, and here they are now. These actually look better than a lot of seedlings I've had. Getting excited again!

IMG_1885.JPG IMG_1886.JPG

I wanted to say a huge thank you to @Possuum, your advice has been invaluable. I really don't think I would have the understanding or ability to get to an answer without you. I truly appreciate all the guidance. I just wanted to say thank you again.

Also to @Prepper420. Your journal has really been a huge help also. I've copied a many of your ideas. Just wanted to say thank you for the work you put into your journal!

My wife got me literally the best Christmas gift ever that I'm hopefully going to share with all of you...look for the post soon.

Hope everyone had Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Here's to growing in 2018!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Things are definitely going to get busy soon! I really wasn't expecting much out of this round but it now looks like I'll have to use my soil for this round of clones and attempt to find a winner of the G-13 haze.

Which means I'm going to need more soil asap for the next and further rounds...oh well, so much for not having to mix any more soil!

Add on the fact I need to get busy building my hoop houses for my attempt at outdoors. I find myself thinking something may need to get cut this year...which really looks like outdoor but you never know. I don't think I would be able to go an outdoor season with vegetable gardening.

Here's the babies now...they really seem to be likening the recycled soil I tranplanted them into. They're really taken off to this point.

IMG_1890.JPG IMG_1889.JPG

Finally finished the installation and wiring, only need two more power cords and it will be 100% done. Getting nervous/excited to plug it in and check it out!

IMG_1892.JPG

Here's the room now. All the pots except one are 15g and filled with soil, waiting for transplants! Not much light and kinda hard to see...but really looking forward to seeing what this set up does!

IMG_1904.JPG

Here's to the process!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Things really have shot up. I started to lst train last night, and they really responded!

IMG_1906.JPG IMG_1907.JPG

I decided to show a little before and after to give an idea what it looks like when I lst...I just wiggle the top a little until it's ready and then just lay it over a little. No breaking branches or anything like that.

IMG_1909.JPG IMG_1910.JPG

I don't know a ton about G-13 haze, but I have some pretty distinct differences in the ladies so far. There are a 4 of the 7 that are already starting to get really tall, almost stretchy. The other 3 to this point are staying nice and compact so we'll see. Probably way too early to tell...

Here's to the process

• Like Like x 2