Broad Public Support For Legalizing Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Stoopid Toker, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Broad Public Support For Legalizing Medical Marijuana - Pew Research Center - full article

Found it browsing one of my other favorite sites, http://www.fark.com/ and just thought i'd share.

2. Independents most likely to have smoked? White evangelical Protestants least likely to have smoked? NO WAI!!

I wish there was a party that combined (some of) the socially liberal ideas of Democrats and the fiscal responsibility of (some) Republican ideas, while dropping the "let's give everything to everyone" bullshit of the Democrats and the "let's subject everybody to our stupid, usually religious conservatism" bullshit of the Republicans. All while actually having a goddamned chance in any election....

3. Dude, wow, well said. This is exactly how i feel. I bet there are a lot more people with that same attitude.

4. so ladies and gentlemen, whats the solution poking its head out of the ground??

BUTCHER ALL CONSERVATIVE EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS!

we'll call it an ethical cleansing.

5. yeah, i think what you're looking for is the libertarian party, they believe in low govt spending, and a strict interpretation of the constitution which means the people decide how to run their own life. they dont push their personal views on whether or not drugs should be legal because they know each person's vote should matter as much as their opinion.

ban abortion?? let the state decide!

HAVE A QUESTION??? DECIDE FOR YOURSELVES!!

unfortunately... our election process and this 2-party garbage is COMPLETE BULLSHIT. winning an election is basically simplified down to picking and choosing the right viewpoints to have the largest cross-section of voters... rather than standing on political principal and american ideals.

6. Wow, that is a lot of marijuana stats. :bongin:

7. Well said my friend, well said...:hello:

8. The actual Libertarian party has some oddball ideas like pulling all troops from all other countries, abolishing the income tax etc that pretty much prevent it from getting substantial support from a lot of people. I voted for Barr in the last election, only because I refuse to waste my vote for somebody I DO NOT want in office. I don't give a fuck if he's a "lesser evil," an evil is an evil and we shouldn't have the choice between two of them, because not all of them are evil. There are some damn good people in politics, they just don't get very far because they ARE good people.

Anyways, I agree with the state's rights ideas of the Libertarian party, and that the Federal govt is WAY too big. But people are usually afraid of change and/or are indoctrinated into their ways of thinking so it's a difficult process to get them to stop being idiots and think for themselves.

9. Why is abloshing the income tax and pulling troops out of countries were not at war with such an oddball idea?

10. this is also who i voted for and what i believe. and it should be pointed out that our founding fathers didnt intend the two party system to happen, it developed because people decided to compromise to get some of what they want. but in my opinion it has gotten to the point where now noone gets what they want. (unless you have a huuuuuuuge lobby and lots of money to throw at congressmen) the system is broken.

11. i dont completely agree with the income tax, but if we stopped policing the planet and pulled our troops out of countries were not at war with it would save us money that could be used for way more important things.

12. Libertarian party, Fiscally conservative and Socially Liberal

I wish more people knew about these guys, they are the third biggest political party in the U.S and keep getting bigger!

Libertarian Party | Smaller Government | Lower Taxes | More Freedom