Broad mites?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by charliebabb, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Hi all, i am about 4 weeks into veg and my plants are starting to exhibit signs of heat stress. After further research, i found that it could also be broad mites. Any thoughts?

I am using a 600 watt CMH light about 3 ft from the top of the plants. Room temp stays around 76.

Attached Files:

2. Those leaves are showing "stress signs".....if your room is 76 degrees....Id say they are experiencing a bit of heat stress......

3. when a broad mite/hemp russet mite starts to attack your plants it shows signs same as heat stress root problems ph imbalance and shiny leaves i battled them in 2017/18 cant remember exact month i have a thread on here about it im looking at your plant and from pics you sent it shows no indication of broads but its really easy to say that at the start because they take no time in ripping holes in the plant tissue and laying there vile eggs in there i cut my main trunk open an spliced it down middle the little tunnel system they developed was shocking i was amazed :) good luck these imo are the hardest pests you can get growing cannabis second to none

4. Okay I definitely have broad mites. My leaves are shiny and curling more as well as small holes in the leaves. What chemical insects work best? I’m not even going to mess around with organic

5. flying skull nuke-em

6. Hi all, so i successfully eradicated the mites. What i used were swirskis predatory mites along with weekly sprays of AACT. Within two weeks they were gone!