Broad mites indoor 29 days since 12/12 switch anybody successful beat these bastards plz fill me in

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Progrouk, May 13, 2018.

1. Really!

After the one experience with broad mites, spider mites now barely rate a yawn.

Wet

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. The same thing can be applied to broad mites friend. Quarantine at least that is.

I had them on my first grow and didn’t know, I thought it was ph lockout. I never got rid of them but they didn’t take hold until they were almost done so I have no experience treating broad mites in particular.

The main focus is really the quarantine of the new plants, not so much sprays, AACTs and liquid kelp have been used for broad mites I heard by some people who claim to have success with them but you would have to use them in veg.

I Have used azatrol/azamax on plants up to a week before harvest and haven’t noticed any residual tastes or anything it smoked good and tasted clean, although I would avoid that if possible.

With pests like these I always say that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Sometimes we have to scrap grows and start over, it’s always a learning process man, I hope you are able to get them to harvest at least bro. Just make sure you keep your environment on point at the very least bring it to where they hate the temp and humidity etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. We had mites for 3 years ( back when we would take clones from other gardens ) and tried every trick in the book and even if they went away for a few weeks maybe a month , they always came back . The only way is to start over from seed after completely cleaning and sterilizing your area , pots , lamps , nute bottles , literally everything . We won't even use our compost anymore or old no till bags because they have composted mite-infested cannabis . You can try and waste time and money spraying your plants with oils and poisons but in the end just starting over is really the only option .

If you have a clone only strain you can't live without try making seeds and backcrossing 2-3 times to it and it should be pretty close to you're plant or gift it to someone or stick it outdoors and take one clone and completely submerged it in miticide or isopropyl or bleach or kill them all by hand .

We had mites for 3 years straight and since starting over we haven't seen a mite in over 2 years . We almost forgot what it was like to grow a healthy spot free plant . Our yields damn near doubled and I could swear it's more tasty than ever .

Sent from my Pixel using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Well after 3 days of hot temps the broad mites seem to have calmed down hell of allot my girls dont look half as stressed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Exactly! I dealt with Russets a few rounds ago and those arent even as bad as Broads from what Ive heard. Sorry Sb but spider mites arent even remotely in the same category of disaster. Youre not entirely wrong though and I do believe that quarantine is a big part of winning the fight. I just dont believe you quite understand how serious of a problem broads are and youre not thinking nearly nuclear enough. The main problem with russets and broads is their microscopic size. They can survive even the harshest sprays from inside plant tissue and their eggs could live on in a speck of dust months after seeming eradication just waiting to reinfest.

You may not like this advice Progrouk but Id just chop those now and have someone make extracts out of it (warn them so as not to spread the bugs). Even if you push on your chances of beating that serious of an infestation late in flower and still coming out with a product worth smoking are slim. Those fuckers are in there right now injecting your plants with toxin and eating your trichomes. Even during drying they will still be climbing around and munching away.

The next part is going to be even harder to hear but my next step would be to eliminate any other plants you have and stop production in that space entirely for at least a month or two. Might be a great time for a vacation. Before you go completely clean the room, all equipment and the whole damn house a few times. Bug bomb the shit out of the grow room and then suphur burn a couple days later and then close it all up with no pest strips for a while and then probably repeat.

Next id recommend starting your next round off site if possible to allow your space more time to be cleaned, bombed and sit empty. Find a friend that will let you set up a small veg in their space and do everyting you can to avoid possible cross contamination or bringing in fresh bugs. DO NOT BUY CLONES AT A STORE!

As you progress into your next few rounds (hopefully bug free) make sure to keep up on your ipm sprays and scope very regularly (at least 60x magnification). I also recommend predatory mites in flower for at least a few rounds just in case. Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
  7. No definitely not hard to hear fellow grower I only post for people to give me their real life experiences and advice and opinion. I hear and understand everything you have written thank you for your time to reply too its all a learning curve no matter how experienced you think you are imho.

8. these was taken yesterday looks to me that the heat has had a massive effect on the little bastards. My girls look a hundred percent better than before they are exploding in size and density they have responded realy well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. gratz on your recovery; sounds like it may come back though.

I don't know the answer to this, and have googled it, but doesn't BT toxin kill that shit? Bacillus thuringiensis is a (for us) harmless bacteria that will pop holes inside bugs. Maybe someone else can key in to this.

Again, I do not know the status of BT on cannabis.

10. Thanks trojangrower I think as I have only 2 weeks left I'm never going to get rid of broad mites I'm just making sure the plants can cope which they have responded so well. sulphur burner in this room and I'm going away for a couple of days lol

11. Just orderd some flying skull nuke em supposed to be the one.
    Broad mites white fly hemp russet mites etc can never grow immunity to this.

12. Good luck with that. I think a whole lot of different things out there will easily kill broads/russets. The real problem is actually getting it into all of them. Its virtually impossible to get them all at once and it only takes a couple survivors to quickly reinfest. I tried hard to keep on rolling and treat my veg but found that the amount of treatment I needed to beat the bastards back was so much that I was stunting my plants beyond where they were ever going to produce an A+ product I wanted to smoke. Didnt really understand what you were trying to say a couple posts back but if you just burned sulphur within a month of harvest id already consider your herb unsmokeable... but then again im definitely a pot snob. My recommendation to chop early and extract it all stands. The sooner you can completely clear the room and start fresh the better IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. No sorry I mean when these are done it is going to get sulphur burner. not going to sell this product to anyone I'm thinking of just throwing everything including the equipment. Then build a new room and start all again money.I'm lucky that money doesn't bear a problem as my twin brother owns 3 grow shops and he gives me anything I ask for lol.

• Like Like x 2
  14. How do you throw away such beauty :'( I can't believe it they are swelling up everyday and there's still 2 weeks left till flush its hard work coming to terms with it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Second day of flush today all symptoms which we had from broad mites are gone I have been upping the temperature every second day for 2 weeks temps upto 37 degrees (controlled) also got some flying skull nuke em and I am so glad I didnt throw away these little beauts

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. BT-k only affects caterpillars and has zero effect on other bugs. It is a bacillus that only becomes a toxin in a caterpillars gut after they ingest it. It's harmless till they eat it.

It works fine on cannabis and everywhere in the garden with regular applications.

Wet

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. thanks for the information wetdog as I wasn't sure.

18. Harvest day :D white fire og gelato stardawg they smell out of this world keeping it all to my self lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Just tossing this out there, is there a reason a translaminar like spinosad wouldn’t work since it does penetrate the leaf tissue?

I do personally know a grower that beat russets with Flying Skull and aloe. It was like a 30 day regiment.

• Like Like x 2
  20. IDK, but from the very quick research I did only the "Conserve" brand listed the translaminar properties.

Going to do much more research but am going to try some as it's said to be more effective than BT for caterpillars. THOSE I get and just spotted some white/gray moths last evening.

A few that I looked at did not have mites listed at all, but were the cheaper ones rather than the Conserve EC that was ~10x more expensive (~$14-$16 vs ~$120 +/- for the same amount). Still, anything that came out of an abandoned rum distillery certainly has my interest. LOL

Wet

• Funny Funny x 1