bro thinks weed is agaisnt god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by christoferobbin, Mar 19, 2011.

1. so i just now tried to see if my bro wanted to smoke with me and he doesnt smoke. he was astounded i would smoke and said how weed is bad. then he went downstairs. he kept bringing up what would jesus do?

anyone have proof or thoughts on god and weed? he needs to calm down.

2. Just tell him that Jesus would smoke a hefty bowl with his brother.

3. Check this out...
    ;)
    What is the Word of God on the Cannabis plant?
    The hemp plant (scientific name: cannabis, slang: marijuana) is one of the many useful herbs "yielding seed after its kind" created and blessed by God on the third day of creation, "and God saw that it was good." (Genesis 1:12) He gave hemp for people to use with our free will.
    God said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat." … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. (Genesis 1:29-31) The Bible predicts some herb's prohibition. "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. (Paul: 1 Timothy 4:1-3)
    The Bible speaks of a special plant. "I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more." (Ezekiel 34:29) A healing plant. On either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare 12 manner of fruits, and yielding her fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelations 22:1-2) A gift from God.

Read more here...
    Marijuana and the Bible

4. he thinks that "me believing things like that when i use evidence from the bible is satan twisting my mind"

5. who the fuck still believes in god?

the bible version i mean.show him this instead.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y"]YouTube - The Top 10 Reasons Why the Bible is Repulsive[/ame]
    then kick him in the balls.

6. I am sorry to hear this man; but unfortunately it seems like your friend has an almost institutional faith in Christianity. I would honestly advise to tread carefully to avoid having a "WWJD" fueled intervention. Some people are just not in a place to let go.

7. thanks all who replied. i think i have some things to tell him later if he will listen.. he needs to consider it...

8. Your bro sounds like my mother. :(

9. “The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.”

supposedly jesus said that.

ask him whether or not he truly believes that you offering to share something you value with him, someone you value, is an act of evil overflowing from your heart.

point out that he is the only one making negative waves. you are only trying to share and be kind whereas he is trying to tell you that you are participating in evil and have a mind warped by satan.

10. This reminds me of a sermon I heard a while back...I'm not sure of the exact verse, but I know it's in I Corinthians and Paul basically tells the church in Corinth to lighten up about eating food offered to idols. Kind of off topic I know, but the preacher used this as a way to express small struggles that some people may have when, as a guest, is offered something that may collide with their ideological system. It's a stretch but if you really want to throw some religion back at him, then read up I guess. Just a suggestion, hope it works out man. :)

11. This is a great reference that shows multiple fallacies with the beliefs of Christians today. The concept that marijuana is against the bible is a westernized belief. Which is propagated largely by the various propaganda and lies that is spread throughout, well, mostly the entire world.

12. I grew up believing that marijuana was "the devils weed", lol. I started smoking at age 13 or so and am now 43 and still have a wonderful relationship with God through Jesus Christ.:hello: God is good all the time!!!:wave:

Humans have used hemp since the beginning of time.:cool:

Have you seen all the medicinal uses of this wonderful plant? Check out Granny Storm Crow's list, lots of stuff from A to Z on what ails you, including cures for cancer, ADD/ADHD and migrain headaches to name a few.
    :D:smoke:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html#post8057533

13. Ask him if jesus even cares. Ask him if he is even real. Ask him why he cares so much about some ultra being he's never seen. Ask him.

14. ask him why hes scared :laughing:

15. #15 meddlehaze, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2011
    My answer is probably not what you're hoping for, but you should understand where your brother is coming from. Sure, he might be a little over dramatic and wrong for judging you, but be the bigger man. Let him think the way he does just like you would want him to let you toke without judgment.

I'm just going to assume you live in a country that has laws enforced against cannabis.

Romans 13:1&2 "Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves." Notice how it doesn't say you must subject yourself to the governing authorities. It says let, as if there is a choice involved.

Also,
    1 Peter 5:8&9 "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

All throughout the Bible it says to not conform to worldly pleasures and don't be drunkards (being drunk could easily be replaced with smoking weed, taking pills, smoking dope) and be of sober mind. Your brother is in the right according to Biblical doctrine. God is not fond of smoking (I have personally experienced that it creates a barrier between you and God, while making you believe you're actually getting closer). I'm not judging you just to be clear. I'm showing you your bro's perspective.

Edit; also your bro is a hypocrite if he judges you for smoking weed and gets drunk or smokes grits not that he does, jus sayin

16. Tell him Jesus only wore clothes that where sewn with hemp.

17. Yeah tell him lies bro. good one:rolleyes:

18. Who said it was a lie, where you there?

19. Shit, I've boxed my van three nights in a row behind a church.

20. No, but I wouldn't make up a "fact" to fit my own agenda... I suggest you do some unbiased research on what Jesus wore before you go making stuff up. Just sayin:p