Brittle, downward curling leaves

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thatguy420, Feb 21, 2008.

1. My plant looks sick, the leaves are curling downwards, and the leaves are very brittle, some of them crumbled when i touched them. I checked the pH and it was too low (about 5) so i think that could be the problem. I just added some pH upper and am waiting to see the results...

2. Do you have a question, or just want to share?

3. haha yeah my bad i was kind of doing shit when i wrote that....yeah i was just wondering if having a low pH level was what could have been causing that or if its something else such as a watering problem which ive also read can cause drooping leaf

4. Could be the PH, could be a few other things. Can you post more information on your setup? List things your using?

5. yeah the plant is a lowryder 2 and ive topped it twice so its got 6 nice tops developing. It is in a 3 gallon bucket with ocean forest FF and i give it water whenever it looks dry..the water has got a tiny amount of tiger bloom in it cuz the lr2 is constantly flowering.. its under a 400whps.. the temp is ususally about 72, at night it gets down to 68 at the lowest... i have a soil pH meter and upper and downer... i cut off the leaves that are too shriveled and dry..i tested the pH like an hour ago and it said it was like 4..which i dont understand because i gave it pH upper an hour before that so i just put more in.. thanks for keeping up on this anony i appreciate it man

6. its deffinitly your ph but could also be nitrogen deprived get it atleast up to 6.0 ph and throw some earthworm castings on it shit is amazing

7. I just had to transplant my sick female into some new ff ocean forest.. the pH is not at 6.6 which is where im leaving it...this plant has had enough stress on it. The leaves do not look very good.. they are still all green however, which makes me think this things got a chance to stay alive...what do you guys think? Should i chop it down real early or see if its got anything left in it?