Britain

Discussion in 'General' started by Verdurous, Jun 14, 2011.

1. So I'd like to borrow like 5 grand from my grandparents to move to the UK, but I'm like too pussy to ask or something. Idk why. Idk they might say no and want me to just get a job or go to school, but I want to get a job over there. I'm tired of the US.

2. I wanna get out in the world. God I am high. Fyi

3. get a job you fuckin bum

4. Nice contribution troll. GTFO

Man, the best way to do that would be to save your money until you have enough to move, try to line up a job for when you get there, and make some contacts with people so your not a stranger in a foreign land.

5. Don't come to London boy.

6. Dude, you wanna get out and see some of this world? Well, join the US Navy. You will get paid to see the world, you can retire in 20 years (imagine being retired at 40), and you just might pick up some useful skills while you're at it. Sounds like win/win to me.

7. Why UK? I would immigrate to Amsterdam or to canada or to australia. I just think the weather there would get me so down and depro (plus they have the most annoying accents ever!!!) Or come to sunny South Africa! Weed is cheap! Cops don't give a shit about weed and people are friendly here!! I would go anywhere but the UK.

How bout you tell your parents that you owe a nigerian druglord 6 grand and that he is going to kill you and your family if you don't come up with the cash. And when they give it to you just skip the country and call them to explain what you did? (that was my then I became a stoner and spent it all)

8. The UK isn't THAT bad.

9. Did the english accent just get called annoying by a south african?
    REALLY!?!?

10. #10 420stonedpanda, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
    If you want to get out into the world you really don't need 5k, and the UK is hardly the most intrepid you can think of is it, even though I do think it's a wonderplace to have lived all my life. And all the bollocks about our weather really isn't true, this April it was 20-30 every day basically with beautiful sun, it's just miserable from October to early March, and what do you expect in the dead of winter, and the rain can be therapeutic...
    My honest suggestion would be to save up 400 or 500 and get a cheap plane ticket out to Nepal or Cambodia, find some volunteer work where they'll provide some accommodation and yeah, enjoy yourself. Cheap, basically legal cannabis, everything is cheap as you could wish (in Nepal a kilo of hash is around 100 USD) and the people are all really nice and it's something totally different to living in the West

And Bongmaster, i'm sure your accent is just a horrible distortion of the mother tongue of a large portion of the developed world, and remember, your whole people are just basically those who weren't wanted here in England...No offence.

11. Why the UK haha? Look at other places too.

12. stay in the USA. its like Disney world! greatest place on earth! move to Chicago, i'm sure you will be happy here

13. My accent isn't annoying.

Some of the English ones are fucking retarded though.

As for you OP, why don't you get a job and save up for it yourself? It'll make you feel more independent and you'll really have achieved something when you leave US.

14. #14 EricFormanStash, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeah.. I for some reason can't stand posh accents.... Or cockney... no offense if you have either one....

15. English chicks have the hottest accent in the world.

16. I happen to have a pretty 'posh' accent, although I don't think of it as posh, it's just correct...
    I find Scouse and Geordie accents the worst in my humble.

17. Irish is the hardest accent to understand, that and Scottish.

18. It's all good...I have a Welsh accent.

Fixed that for you.

Yup. They sound so rough and common. Sickening.

19. Welsh huh, my family came from Wales to America back in the day.

20. If your too pussy to ask for 5 grand what makes you think you can make the 5 grand worth something once you get out there? I'm not gonna pretend I know you, but from your saying it sounds like your just looking for some escape and England sounded nice.

- You want to "borrow" 5 thousand dollars
    - But you don't work, and say you'll get a job over there. What makes you think it'll be easier to get a job there?
    - You don't want to go to school, and don't even want to be asked about the idea of going to school

- The U.S. is a big place, you don't need to go to England (of all places) to experience the world
    - If you really want to leave the US on a small budget, I agree with what some other people said and go somewhere dirt poor and work with some group

Not trying to be harsh dude, but life is gonna be hard work no matter where you go. If your plan is to go to England, smoke weed, and hope everything works out and you can get a job I'd think a little more about what your doing. Plenty of people try the route your trying, most end up back home and blew all the money they borrowed.