Bringing temps down significantly

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BForward, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Hello fellow GC users

I'm planning to set up a grow room 10' x 5' x 7-8'.
    I'll divide the room into two 5' by 5' and use one room for veg and one room for flowering.
    1000W HPS for flowering room and 1000W MH for veg. Problem is though, room temperatures in my area range from 28-34C (82.3 - 93.2F) always. Would anyone have any suggestions about how I can cool the grow room/tent down to ~74F AND still maintain optimum Co2 levels? I do not mind spending. Thank you.

2. you could try having lights on during the night, and off during the day- to get more even temperatures

i don't have an expensive suggestion though so you may like to wait for the next poster

3. @[member="corkybuchek"]

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately temps at night are still at around 32 at times, which is still far from 24. I've thought about putting a portable AC however exhaust is supposed to be room volume every 5 mins so I'm confused how that can work out. Anyone have other suggestions? :)

4. AC unit. That's the only way you are going to be able to significantly and reliably lower temps.

5. Would a portable AC be enough to cool a room that exhausts air volume equivalent to room every 5 minutes?

6. I'd think so. One other thing to keep in mind about AC, the smaller, or less efficient the unit is, the harder it has to work to accomplish the same task.

7. Cool the air that will be used for Intake, not the actual grow room itself is what worked best for me personally. I run the a/c in the bedroom where the tent sits, not in the tent itself. Hope it helps.

8. Grow in the basement during the winter and just install a window unit in both rooms 10,000btu should keep it perfect temp Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

9. Do your fans have inline tubing?  I use an inline fan to pump air over the lights constantly without effecting the airspace of the room..

10. How do you plan on handling the smell Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

what sort of exhaust system are you running?
    any air cooled hoods for the lights?

12. I do run 2 1,000w in a big room separated by curtains. Sweat my ass off in there working.

Get an air conditioner. Thats as simple as it gets.

Aah. Well cooling the actual room where the grow room (since I'll just build it) may not be an option because it is HUGE. What do people usually do if they just want to cool the actual air coming into the tent through the intake? Would anyone have ideas?

No winter here :( 

Yep they do! So that shouldn't be a problem :)

Smell won't be an issue! :)

Yep for the aircooled hoods. 

Alright. How much do you usually yield if you don't mind? haha

14. You can plumb the ac unit in your intake ducting. I know they make grow specific units that can have flanges mounted up so that it's only bowling the cold air into the grow room duct work. I believe I saw a unit in HTG supplies catalong, lemme look

15. #16 Hypoxic, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Enough to afford an air conditioner. LOL

1.25 lb per light is doable without a bunch of extra work, could push for more but I get lazy. Sea of green is enough work.