Bringing other drugs back into pandora's box?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by cnote1239, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone else want this to happen someday? I really miss it.

2. I wish, but it just gets out of control.

Shit, we can barely keep a grasp on just bud...

3. Really I remember probly a year ago lookin in pandora and seein pretty much a bunch of suicide letters lol wanna do drugs? Go ahead wanna kill urself ? Go ahead but I don't really care to much to read it or have it read by anyone else

4. Man, if you had of been here circa 2008...the Other Drugs topics were SO OUT OF CONTROL.

If you wanna discuss other drugs go lurk /420/

5. It would be cool to hear psychadelic trip stories, but I could definitely see it going downhill. I wasn't around when it was allowed, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a bunch of pill poppers discussing how they just tripped on dramamine and that kind of crap.

6. This aint the way to do it

7. NEVER (and I really mean NEVER) going to happen. You wanna discuss that stuff go elsewhere, this is GRASSCITY.

8. I respect the decision and all but I never really got that...

Marijuana is a schedule 1 drug

I understand there are medical patients but it's still illegal under federal law and most states laws

so it's extremely hypocritical if you ask me but what can ya do :smoke:

9. Y'all can complain about it until the cows come home, and whine and try to bring it back, but the man in charge was the one who pulled the trigger after MONTHS of warnings. Shit, you wanna discuss this stuff, start your own forums, I'm sure that you'll have hundreds of members who want to talk about it with ya.

But not here, not any more.

And you know, bringing it up every week or so really doesn't help. In fact, it really pissess off the staff quite a bit. Not me, I don't care, I stopped doing that shit a decade ago.

10. #10 JohnnyWeedSeed, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2011
    The Box was full of junkies back in the day but I liked it. I too think its a bit hypocritical to go gettin pissed at facebook for not letting us be there while at the same time not letting other drugs be here. If you want freedom of speech you cant just go pickin and choosin.

All that being said, WildWill is 100% right. The Box is dead and will never be ressurected.:(

Infact even mentioning it like this is usually locked and deleted with extreme prejudice. Surprised this thread is still alive...

11. You know what's funny though, that users will purposely bump old topics to continue the discussion not realizing that the mods will simply delete them on sight, which defeats your entire purpose.

Really, if there was a time to say "Just get over it and move on" it's now. The move was made MONTHS ago, after MONTHS of warnings and handwringing. To still bring it up now is just flogging a dead horse.

I mean come on, don't y'all have better things to do?

12. just curious why we can talk about alcohol but no other drugs besides cannabis

13. Its legal and widely accepted.

14. There are a hundred and one reasons that it's good, that it's gone..

People giving incorrect dosage information, for one.

With canna, the worst thing that can happen if you over-do it, is you get a little anxious, and then have a great nights sleep. Not quite so, for most other substances.

And, at least on the forums I moderated for in years past, we were generally trying to maintain the vision than cannabis is NOT like other drugs, at all, in that it's incredibly tame as far as the actual/desirable effects go in comparison to other substances, and even more tame, when you take into consideration the lack of injuries, side effects, abuse etc. Even caffeine kills more people than canna, so do most other drugs, and the 'authorities' are less likely to give forum operators sh*t, if they operate solely on canna. Being in the spotlight is hard enough, without drawing so much negative attention.

You should respect the people who've brought you this site, if you enjoy it. While the dangers can be limited and hosting can be relatively safe, they still do it at some amount of personal risk.
    If they decide discussion of other drugs will not be tolerated, you should respect that, or find a forum that better suits your needs.

15. There's plenty of other forums you can go to if you wanna talk about that shit.

16. go to bluelight

all it does it promote pharma usage, which is pointless

17. Actually BL is supposed to be a harm reduction site... Used to go there all the time and they were actually really helpful.

18. Why do people insist on these threads? :(

This whole damn forum is a lot better off without that type of discussion. If you can't see that, you haven't been here long enough, or aren't thinking things through in the least.

I'd elaborate but I get a feeling that either way, no one is going to learn anything.

19. I want it now. GC was the best when there was weed and other shit. I wonder how long till this gets closed..

20. When I was here people would post big piles of heroin, E, acid, coke, and all kinds of shit. I am talking like 5-10k worth of drugs, in my eyes that is not a good vibe to have on the board. Taking dangerous drugs in huge quantities is really a self-destructive path that should not be supported. Not to mention that some of them looked like they were dealing, and I think some people were even arrested over crap they posted. The only thing I enjoyed was learning about drugs and the trip reports, erowid is really better for that anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.