Bringing materials into the woods

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rt5, May 22, 2009.

1. I am finding a spot to grow off the path in some woods near my house. There are people on the path sometimes, but not too often. I think it would look suspicious if I was bringing soil into the woods, and later on bringing tons of water every week. There is a stream but kinda far away from where I would grow and is dry half the time.

Would it be suspicious if I was walking in the woods with my dog and had a backpack on? What do you guys who grow in the woods do?

Also another question about finding a spot, how can you tell how much sunlight a spot will receive? Is it ok to plant near lots of trees?

2. Do you own a backpack?

3. Yeah but do you think it would be suspicious to have one in the woods? I am in Massachusetts too by the way.

4. get a mountain biking hydrytion outdoor pack i use mine when im hiking while im looking for some spots hikers wear them for water and gear and my little shovle fits and saw and pocket knife its a multi tool rope snacks first aid kit extra watter bottles for water to watter plants etc

5. I only go at night/dusk. Backpack or wheelbarrow if possible for soil.

6. i don't think a backpack would look suspicious.

i have the added benefit of being a girl, everything i've ever needed for my grow fits perfectly in my huge ass purse, and plus i think being a girl makes me look less suspicious in general, i've often been told i look extremely innocent hahah

7. I wear a backpack everywhere. I think that is lowkey

8. A backpack would be alot better than just a container of water and a shovel. I usually try to blend with everyone else with the seasons. Sometimes I carry a fishing pole if there is a lake or river nearby, or camp a safe distance from grow and have all weekend to truck stuff in, and if anything, carry a camera and look like a nature loving bird watcher. It doesn't hurt to be paranoid, but I think we overdo it for good reason around an outdoor grow. Most people aren't interested in what others are doing, unless you do something out of the ordinary. Just my two cents.

9. whatever you do, don't get caught with a shovel in your hand I think is the main issue haha.

10. #10 JmJ, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009

Yes you do :D

Anyway, when I planted in the woods, I took a 5 gal. bucket full of soil with me, and a gallon jug of water. It works, until the plant gets bigger and I have to carry 2 gallons with me, hehe.

11. #11 rt5, May 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2009
    Thank you for the responses everyone. I'm gonna use a backpack.

I was out there today looking for a spot and every time I found a good one, I realized it was right near a path. How far away from a path is it safe to plant usually? I NEVER see people in these woods, but I don't go very often...

Oh yeah and I don't have to worry about rippers just people reporting the plants to the cops.

12. if you gotta be worried about cops then its not safe. I killed 2 ladies today cause of my neighbors. I wont be starting anything up anytime soon. And if you must plant in the area your scouting plan on atleast 50 feet or more away from the path. dont plant in any kind of pattern and randomize it.

13. As long as you make it look like the plant should somewhat be there and it is somewhat well hidden then i believe that it will be good. :hello: Also if you dont have enuf for an outdoor camera then i would suggest making a trap so that any type of human that goes near your plants will trip it and when you go back you will know someone has been there and you can abandone the spot.