Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

bringing grinder on airplane

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by blazinsince13, Oct 22, 2008.

1. im planning to wash my metal grinder profusely (2 peice) (no keif catcher) and stick it in my check in bag

what are the chances of trouble
    i am going to make sure there is absolutely no bud on it or smell
    but i dont really get the deal with grinders
    are they legal??

thanks in advance

2. Grinders are technically "herb grinders" for anything right? Maybe try to grind up some mint or something. I donno.

3. yeah. i dont know its sharp dude. they dont like any sharp objects. id call ahead and ask..

if not just put it in your other bag (below)

4. Put it in your check luggage, you'll be fine.

5. Just put it in your checked things, it will be fine as long as its clean.
    i actually brought a dirty grinder with me to CA once, on the way back tho they did go through my checked things but i just shipped it back, got lucky on that one.

6. eh what if they lose it?:( hate to bring up the bad but jus tryin to help

7. keep it in a zip lock with like a container of cinnamin sticks and say you grind the cinnamin for baking? thought this should work. just make sure its clean

8. I once didnt discover I had my grinder and a dime bag of weed in my luggage until I was at my destination and packing to go home. I cant believe it made it thru...kinda freaked me out. So I just cleaned the grinder and put it back in my luggage and it made it home fine. This was like 2 months ago...so if you check it, you should be fine dude.

9. put it in your luggage you will be fine
    I had stuff ground up in mine flying to DC and I got one of those "random" searches on the way there and the way back.. tuck it in a shirt or something just to be on the safe side

10. i would deffinately boil the grinder once or twice before taking it with me. if they find it and decide to test it washing it alone probably wouldnt take off the microscopic traces they test for. just be safe man

11. i duno man, i dont think they would test is for thc if the was "No" weed or anything in it... it would be out of their way.

12. As long as its clean as new then you have no problem

13. its sharp they may not like it. make sure you wash it put pretty good. and of course make sure your grinder dont scream stoner. Example: a big marijuana leaf on the top sides or bottom of the grinder or small ones obviously. and like someone else said before me. put in come cinamon with the lighte rin a bag or something.. maybe grind some up before oyu go so it looks used for that purpose. you can always wash it out when you need it right? once again i say*as i do on many of my posts* hope this helps and happy smokin' gc:smoking:

14. So not worth the risk ..

15. depends a lot on how busy the airport is.

16. you will be fine, i know its not smart but ive carried dirty ass bowls and shit, as long as its in your check in luggage and not your carryon

also hide it real good. like in a sock, in a pocket of jeans rolled up in a towel or something.. thats what i did...

and if you are able to wash it like you say, then just having it clean is not illegal

17. this is your best answer, op

18. uhh.. it's just a grinder. Pretty sure he'll be bringing more valuable things with that he doesnt want to lose.

19. yeah, i just say forget it since a grinder isn't really a necessity to smoke. i always use one when im here at home, but when i'm gone somewhere, it's not really a big deal...

if you plan on getting weed at your destination, maybe just stop by a headshop there and pick up a cheap grinder there. those plastic ones are like $5 bucks. or just use a scissors or fingers while you're not at home. that's just me though...but i always try to avoid unnecessary trouble.

you just never know what kind of asshole might check your bag. sometimes they won't find stuff, sometimes they will and just confiscate it , but others might actually take it to the next level and that's where things stop being fun. but if you for whatever reason HAVE to take it, clean it, and check it...don't put it in your carry on.

20. #20 doindia, Oct 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
    dude youll be fine, grinders arent illegal, he said he was cleaning it.

just do like i said in my post above, if i can carry filthy bowls across america i dont think a clean grinder is going to be a problem.....

EDIT::: are you trying to take the grinder somewhere like on vacation or something? or are you just trying to get it home after?

if your trying to take it, then thats dumb and asking for trouble (even though nothing would probably come of it) if you bought it on vacation or used it and your just trying to get it home, then youll be fine. and yes they are legal