Bringing down my PH!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Vamp, Mar 17, 2006.

1. :hello:
    Hay Ya'll!
    Got a question for some of you gardeners!
    In my experience...acid loving plants, love coffee grounds....they can be added to the soil as an amendment...or spread out on top of the soil around the base of the plant! I have used this with things like azaleas, rhodadendrons and hydrangeas, pines, etc
    Our first grow we had a problem with keeping the soil acid..it seemed to stay just below neutral and couldn't come up with a way to make it more acid without amending the soil which would have shocked them!
    Of course...after the fact...being the stoner i am..i remembered that i used coffee on many other things...
    So, i'm hoping to get some advice about it! Does anyone know how coffee grounds would affect cannibus? Is it possible to add it to the top soil to asist in acidity or even maybe possible to add chilled, possibly diluted, coffee to the plant?

:D What cha think?:smoke:

2. I may be wrong, but I'm fairly sure Cannabis hates acidic soil.

3. As long as you can keep the soil ph between 6.3 and 6.8 any organic material should be fine

4. :wave: It's my understanding that in soil...cannibus takes up it's nutrients best at a ph of 5.9-6.5...is this wrong?....This is Acid!
    6.9 and lower are Acid
    And for others... who don't know...PH --- 7.0 is Neutral
    7.1 and over are Alkaline

So it seems to me that they are acid loving plants and this is true of rockwool also only the ph level is preferably 5.5 - 6.1 where it is even more acid!

5. No thats not completely wrong but your lower statement of 5.5-6.1 that is the range of hydro so:
    Cannabis in hydro is best 5.5-6.1
    Cannabis in soil is best 6.3-6.8

6. Ok good I thought the range was just below neutral but now I know for sure, good post.

7. ;) Sory about that...when i said rockwool....i ment...hydroponics!