bringing back to vegetative stage after sexing from seed??!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by dokken6996, May 12, 2008.

1. hi i posted a few weeks ago about sexing my 30 plants then snapping them back into vegetative. well out of 30 i ended up with 7 females and 1 hermie which i got rid of today cuz it looked like the sacks were about to burst, i was going to grow it away from my crop so i could have seed stock but i didnt stay on top of things. but the other 6 females are showing pistils all over and are starting to show purple on the bud/leave that is starting to appear. but now i am switching them back to vegetative stage so they are on 24/7 light cycle now. what i wanted to know is how long do you thing it will take them to snap back to vegetative because i sexed them so i can pick the best 3 females and put them outside. im snapping them back so they dont keep budding. do u think they would keep budding if i just put them back outside since its not flowering season where i live in the bay area. respond asap please , thank you

2. top- really no one can help me on this?

3. i was wondering the same thing

4. Ya I have no clue, but tell us all how it goes...

5. if they showed sex that much youll just stress the plants out. you have to switch it back to veg (24/7) soon after they show sex. 7 out of 30? wtf? i think you have no idea what your doing.

6. well just to let you know i do know what im doing. the only reason i did this whole deal was because i grew from seed and out of all the 30 i sprouted i would have to choose the 3 prime ones to plant outside in my yard because thatts all i could fit. i started them inside real early so they would be monsters in the end. theyre doing perfectly fine going back to vegetative so far. all i know is my gf dad has been doin this same thing for years with great success with nearly 17 pounds off of 3 12 footers so im gunna keep doing what im doing and see what happens. it was disapointing to see most of my plants turn male do to stress =(

7. how bout giving us a full description and explanation of your whole situation so we know wat ur actually on about and the predicament your in and how you got there etc etc etc without all the info its kinda useless.....

8. Next time just put a bag or something that blocks out light on one branch, not the whole plant, until it show sex. Sounds like they went to far and they are gonna be stressed out. I dont know though, never done this.

Best of luck to you.

9. It will take 7-14 days for them to fully start vegging again. They may never stop preflowering but that won't hurt anything. I had a White Widow I did that with and it worked out great! That's it in my avatar.

Good luck sounds like it will work out fine.:smoking:

10. thanks for the reply they seem to be going back to veg state and they are starting to grow again. they are nearly 3 feet tall in about 2 to 2 and half months in soil. very bushy. but i have a whole 4 by 4 by 12 feet long and in that whole i have 3 wine barrel sized wholes which i will be putting my best 3 plants in. in the past when my gf's dad grew in this same spot he had 12 foot tall plants and the tips of the plants were barely over my head. good way of growing big plants with small fences!! haha but ill be filling the 3 holes wit a few yards of soil and perlite 50/50 ill continue feeding them with foxfarm nutrients. are you not suppose to fertilize that much when u plant in the ground outside or is it ok? since the wholes i dug are in somewhat hard dirt do u think that the roots will drown when i over water a little? im scared of the water pooling in the bottom. ecspecially when i flush at the end of the season. well thank you very much for the replys.

11. Instead of insulting each other why not try to help them out? So that if truly they "have no idea what they are doing" then they will start too.

You did wait a little long before switching the light back, but what's done is done and only time will tell if they will respond to it. Keep us posted and let us know how it is going.

12. Well I guess my computer decided not to show me those next few posts...glad to hear it is working out for you!