Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Bringing AVB on a plane?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Genetic_Mob, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Hey so me and some friends are flying to Lima, Peru this summer for some volunteer work with our college. We're also touring Machu Picchu and doing other fun stuff and we wanted to bring some bud to help with the altitude sickness and ease our minds.

Bud on an internation flight is extremely sketchy and definitely not worth the risk though. However, i wanted to ask you guys about bringing AVB (Already vaped bud). It doesn't look exactly like weed and doesn't smell nearly as strong. So.... is it safe? Any advice? Worth it, or not?

P.S- My idea was to mix the AVB in a new jar of peanut butter, sealing it up so it never looked like i opened it, and stashing it with some crackers (concealed as a normal midnight snack) in my checked bags.

2. Just eat an edible before the flight why risk anything . don't be stupid

3. You won't need weed. Just chew on some coca leaves. They sell them by the bag for a couple bucks.

4. i wouldn't risk it dude. i'll bring weed in my checked bags depending on what state im going to but i won't even think about trying over seas

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #5 doubled0218, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Dude.. seriously?

OP: TSA doesn't give a flying fuck if you bring AVB or weed soaking in vaseline. Cannabis is cannabis and it is not a very good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Yeah. Have you ever been. It not like doing blow or something.

7. fuck no

8. Weed is still weed and they dont care about that. Youre better off making edibles and bring that. At least then if a dog his on it they might just think it's hungry. Ive seen it happen. Dog hits on a bag and an agent searches the bag and finds food and then moves on.

9. No I have not personally myself but I was astonished at how you said it with such little percaution lol.. If the OP was to take your advice, don't you think he'd get a lot more then he expected/bargained for?

10. They grow it like any other plant down there. It's illegal to process it

11. Yeah this I know. I'm sorry you mis-understood me, when I said a lot more then he bargained for I didn't mean amount of leaves I meant like don't you think it would be a pretty powerful experience for the OP and maybe should be taken with caution?

I'm sorry for de-railing the thread here OP

I do plan on eating an edible before the flight (its a 10 hour flight), but i also want some for the week.

AVB mixed with peanut butter is the same thing as edibles. But you have a good point with the dogs. I am having serious doubts about bringing the AVB after reading the comments though.

13. But what do you guys think about my peanut butter plan?

My reasoning: Peanut butter can be used to activate AVB. So if i sprinkle it in the peanut butter and reseal it, even if TSA or Customs went through my bag, it would just look like snacks. Also, even if they opened the jar of peanut butter, AVB doesnt smell nearly as much as weed, so the peanut butter would mask the smell.

14. No.  If you get caught you  will definitely regret it ALOT.  As others have said, just get shitfaced before your flight 

15. Pack a few cheeks full and you will be feeling good. There is also plenty of good weed to find down there. Just say you are from California and you smoke great weed and want to see what they have to offer.

16. #16 SantiagoDunbar420, Mar 27, 2014
    why not just make some edibles for the trip that way you're guaranteed for good... and anyways its goddamn south america you think you're not gonna be able to find any green down there?

17. its not like doing lines of coke

I know coca leaves are legal in Peru. And they actually sell them everywhere and serve coca tea in the hotels too. But if i were to chew on them, would they make me high? Or do they just help with the altitude sickness?

19. #19 POWskier, Mar 27, 2014
    if you are bringing bud you might as well bring non vaped bud. They will weigh it out if you are caught and 3 grams of vape weed is 3 grams of weed. 

Unless you have some vacuum sealed plan do not risk it in my opinion. My friend stuffed nugs into snickers bars and resealed them for an international flight and successfully got weed over, but I wouldn't risk it. Edibles are much easier to sneak by but be cautious and pack it with food that a drug dog would be interested in. If you were to get busted internationally in another country it would be fucked.

If you do go through with this spray your bag with alfa male wolf piss and hide the weed in something the dogs would be interested in like a frozen food item, or next to a sandwich. That will throw off the dogs and authorities since they think the dog is interested in the food.  At least that is what I am told. 

Still I'm not ballsy enough to run that risk. 

20. Chewing coca aint that bad for you, you might need it anyway if you're hiking a mountain or some shit