bring them in or leave them out,

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Gixxerific, Sep 26, 2021.

1. im in the Midwest in Missouri i ma or may not have a few plants growing outside. Its almost October, it will be in a few day's. Right now the humidity is decent upper 70's at night mid to upper 20's during the day. later this week those numbers will be coming up slightly 80's-90's at night to 50's 60's during the day no rain in the forecast. Im guessing the humidity will drop again after that. I'm worried about bud rot though things look good now and they are close to being done. I have not grown outside yet so i am not sure what the "normal" time to be finished around here.

So the questions is does anyone have a "estimated" time for the cannabis to done around middle America?
    Second question, would it be okay to bring these in and finish up inside under some Mars Hydro Sp3000 where it is less humid.

Thanks
    Dono

2. I prefer growing inside because it’s 10x easier to maintain (my opinion). Honestly, all bud is different. Some will take longer than others. My indoor grow, I can get a few plants going and dried/finished within a few months. Outdoors is different because you have a lot more to deal with but you have the natural light/elements. I’d give it probably a few weeks less because your energy source is the sun. I don’t grow outdoors much but I’d give it less time then an indoor grow. My lights indoors are nothing compared to the sun lol. I hope I shed some light lol but I definitely recommend finishing indoors/growing indoors whenever possible.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Unless the plant is actually dying (and some super fast 8 week Indica strains are ready) leave them as long as possible is my choice. Mid to late October is the normal harvest window for all of the Northern Hemisphere.

Along about August 1st the days have shortened enough to trigger Cannabis to flower. They show sex mid August and need about 8 more weeks to finish. 10 weeks in all.
    A full blooded or near pure Sativa will run longer. Well into November and some even out past Christmas weather permitting.

Cold temps will put an end to your outside plant in the Midwest. Take her just before the first predicted light frost as that will damage her sugars past use and a killing hard frost will make the buds mushy when it thaws as frozen live plants it ruptures the cell walls when the water in the cell expands as it turns to ice.

The Sun as well as strong indoor lights artificially ripen the surface trichomes and they shouldn't be used to judge the state of a plants ripeness. Take tiny samples from where the light doesn't reach and inspect under 60-100X microscope is best but running out till you must take her will be as potent as possible for your zone and first frost date.

BNW

• Like Like x 2