Brewing Beer

Discussion in 'General' started by onkruid, Jul 20, 2014.

1. So I'm a novice home brewer and I was thinking about making a brew with weed in it. Does anyone home brew and what's your opinion on weed in beer?

My question is can  I bottle the brew ,with say a gram per bottle, and get the effect I want?

I'm looking for a mellow high with a nice beer buzz....the best of both worlds.

I'm just not sure about the ratio of bottled beer to bud?  I'm also not sure about the effects of putting a gram of bud in a bottle of beer ?

Lots of questions?

I haven't seen any threads on brewing on GC so have at it blades?

sincerly The bud brewer.....

p.s. all home brewers are welcome to this thread.....thanks

2. The thrillist link seems like a useless recipe. The alcohol content isn't going to be enough to extract anything meaningful from the brew. Plus it seems underdosed. Even green dragon isn't as intoxicating as their brew claims to be

I think the best bet would be to make hash (heat processed so activated) and add that to the brew during the racking stage. The alcohol should be able to dissolve it evenly if you swirl it periodicaly

3. The alcohol won't be enough to absorb the THC but maybe the fermentation process with yeast might do something.

I agree with the above poster, I'd make a potent hash and use it during the fermentation process.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. thanks for the info...I think this is cutting edge stuff.  How many batches have you guys brewed? I have about 20 under my belt. Everything from imperial stouts to IPA's to ambers and so on. But never anything with weed in it. That recipe seems solid but I wonder about the ratios, 3/4 oz to a 5 gallon batch seems light.  I was wondering if you bottled the beer with a gram per bottle if it would work...50mgs per 12 oz bottle from 3/4 oz x 5gals...idk..i just don't know.

now is this a lager or an ale?? I would imagine an ale would work better but I not sure about a "slow" fermenting beer
    and I think a lager with the cooler temps wouldn't be as efficient in bringing out the necessary cannabinoids..

once again idk... 

5. @[member="LuxTenebris"]

:laughing:

6. i mostly brew kilju (sugar wine) with turbo yeast for a very cheap and fairly potent thing to make punch with, but ive made mead and a few different wines with a relative that has tons of brewing equipment.

my concern is that there just wont be enough alcohol to absorb the thc to any meaningful degree. a 5 gallon batch only has about 200ml of alcohol in it, thats really not very much.

i dont know how saturated alcohol can be with thc, but look in to that before you brew to see if the numbers even work out. i dot think they will. at the very least i think youd need to drink much more than a bottle to get appreciable thc.