Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Brew Weed Tea (W/ Pictures)Quick And Tasty

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by brewmaryjane, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Excellent! I think I'll try this soon! thanks!

2. brewing as we speak thanks 4 the detailed write up buddy

3. #23 Taco Joe, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2011
    UPDATE: sipping as we speak, will write back with results, tastes actually good, which i was surprised, but i realized after i put too much butter so its a liltte buttery lol but its all good!

UPDATE 2: well its been 50 minutes and still nothing :) im sitting in anticipation

UPDATE 3: 2 hrs into it, not much going on. Very very mild body high going on, stomach all day is gone. So not total waste. FYI im a daily smoker so idk if that has anything to do with it. I will remix the recipe tomorrow for different results. Time to hit the bowl then goto sleep.

4. Taco Joe, im sorry that this did not work out well for you. Keep in mind that the high from this is not supposed to be a knocked-off-your-ass cant-move-or-think kind of high. I think weed tea is so great because you can function doing day to day things on it, and is great for painkilling or stomach settling purposes. It could have something to do with your tolerance being high, but im no scientist. Also, how much weed did you use? The amount of herb and brew time does play a large factor in the effects. Hope this helped =)

5. taste awful, but goes down smoothly if you hold your nose,(i strongly reccomend brushing teeh afterwards)

but the high is very very very relaxed and your alert because of the caffeine like op said,

in my opinion great to do while smoking they work very well togeth

all in all 8/10, just because of taste

EDIT: this would be great to drink before bed if you have sleeping problems

6. i thought it tasted pretty good LOL

7. #27 mja926, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    Im about to go dig around the kitchen for some teabags. If I do find some, I'm trying it out! :wave:

edit: found one! its sitting right now. i added both sugar and honey to it. can't wait to see the results.

8. When I brew weed tea I use cannabutter that i have made ahead of time for the baking and whatever. Then I just make whatever kind of tea I like and put the butter and sugar in til it melts. I think this gets me higher than it would if I tried to heat up the butter with the weed in the cup because the longer you cook the oil/butter with the weed the more thc you extract for absorption. :) I love tea! I'm so grateful for this thread :D

9. How is the smell? My husband's gonna get his med card soon and I'd love to find a way for him to medicate his back at work without drawing suspicion...this seems perfect because it's discrete and sounds like it would ease his pain without leaving him way too high on the job.

• Like Like x 1
  10. i have done this before but i didnt notice affects cuz i was smoking to but im trying it now i also never put butter or milk in lol ( : gunna see if it works afterall

11. It only smells if you stick your nose down the cup and have a nice long whiff. Then you know it's weed tea. But from any other distance it just looks like a weird drink with no smell.

12. if you put it in a thermos, you can barely smell it. the only smelly part is really the brewing process!

13. sorry that you didnt enjoy the flavor, but im glad that it worked well for you otherwise! if you can improve the flavor, let me know! :D

14. I just made this, but i also mixed in a little bit of vanilla ice cream for some more flavour.
    tastes pretty good and since i barely smoke anymore i hope i can notice the high.

15. so i tried this the other day, but didn't really feel much :( the taste was actually pretty good, i used chai tea and put in a good amount of milk and sugar, and it was very creamy/warming/comforting to drink. i felt a veryyy small body high, but i think it's just because i didn't use enough bud :( next time i'll try using more and it should do the trick

16. I love weed and tea, I have countless tea bags available, I might try this with a chai later on.

17. #37 Lil Sis, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
    I have a small amount of cannabutter left over from other projects, I'm going to try this right now with the c-buttr and apple cinnamon tea.

I'll post results as it goes. :hello:

Thanks for the idea!

EDIT : 9:05 am I put about a fat teaspoon of canna butter, a dash of skim milk, one packet of truvia sugar and a Lipton Herbal apple & cinnamon tea bag into a mug ~ I poured boiling water over all of it and it's sitting here on the computer desk cooling, brewing, getting gooder! :D

I've put a spoon in the mug to trap the tea bag at the bottom ~ didn't want the bag to soak up too much butter....eh...ya know...

EDIT : 9:25 am The tea is now at a sippable temperature... MMmMmMm This combo is fantastic!!! It tastes forbidden but it's all good stuff in there! Like apple cobbler without the guilt.
    UPDATE : I finished the whole thing by 9:36am. The tea was delicious! My top lip is totally cannabuttered! not a bad thing ~ it's nummy and my lips are soft.

EDIT: 10:59 am I love this feeling. It's not a "stoned" high. It's an overwhelming sense of well being. I'm alert and kicked back, all's good!

Thank You! I WILL be doing this again!

18. #38 DabsOnTheMountain, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
    well i tried it, i haven't drank it but after i mixed everything together it smelled amazing. i cant wait to drink it. im gonna let it sit for awhile first. ill tell you how it is!

ps: i added a lot of butter. i didnt want to waste bud so i added a lot, a lot of butter. i dipped my finger in and tasted it, its sooo goood!!! :D

EDIT: it was great, it wasn't really a high, but i was just so happy, everything was great. it was really calming. i eventually felt tired and just fell asleep though. i will do it again soon, the best part is that when i woke up this morning i still felt great, it was the best nights sleep ive ever had. i would recommend this recipe to mmj patients, especially those with insomnia.

19. Good recipe man!
    Very helpful.

Im currently sitting at my computer desk, stoned, making a "weed tea bag" following your instructions.
    Im gonna brew it tomorrow morning, during breakfast.

Ill post my results.
    :smoke:

20. Im very glad that you enjoyed this! You described the feeling very accurately, its a great feeling that just makes you feel alert and euphoric. Hope you enjoy this many times!