Breeding.

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Lizzard, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Say i want to breed something like Purple Haze with something like....oh lets say a wild flower of some sort. i know that what ever pollen that is transferred to the female Ganja plant during right before its flowering can cause seed to grow. and i know that those seeds are the breed of whet ever pollen and what ever female plant was used to create it. Is breeding Wild flowers and Ganja possible? do you think that it would produce a nice bud? or just be trashed? i need opinions from some experienced ganja breeding artists

2. if your talking about breeding a MJ plant with a wild flower(non MJ)...No it wont work, a female MJ plant wont accept any pollen other than from a male MJ plant.

3. And you know this because you tried this????? Yes????

4. Well you asked!!!!!!!! Why not try it and do a report???????

5. These guys are correct -- MJ can't be pollinated by another species.

6. Very true, and YES LIZZARD I HAVE TRIED IT!!!!! I was working w/ some other species of plants w/ cannabis to try to create a plant w/ all the qualities we seek in cannabis but did not look like cannabis. After several attempts over the past 8 yrs or so, it is just not possible. A breeder did work w/ an Australian wild cannabis crossing it w/ more potent hybred strains before. Some success was achieved but it was never carried out from what I understand. The plant looked nothing like cannabis. The key point here is, he was still crossing a hemp species w/ hybreds.

here is a link to a thread about Fet's work w/ the Australian strain:

http://www.freecannabis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27

I'm unsure Fet ever carried on w/ his work on this or not.

Why would you want to do this anyway? My work was to create a strain of cannabis that did not look like cannabis.

Just curious.

less

7. would be pretty kick ass though haha

8. thanks guys

9. Just like you can't breed with a human with a chimp (though the nazis did try in the 40s) you can't cross most separate species of plants together. You might get some luck with a plant closely related to cannabis, but most likely the hybrid plant would not be fertile, nor would it produce the same kind of bud.