Breeding

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gaso22, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Any breeders ? Yes I understand the whole concept of breeding ..pheno Male + pheno Female + pollen= weed baby...BUT is that it? You pick what u want to cross, come out with seeds and BOOM new strain just like that? Or what more is to it?

2. Check out the cannabis breeders bible. Will give you a good base.

3. Takes stability of the plants characteristics to be considered a true strain. This book will explain the genetic pairing, testing crosses and how to predict what the pairing will be to aid in your selection. A lot to it but it breaks down the basics pretty well.

4. I self studied genetics to learn how to Breed Better Strains. i like to like at myself as a Potonist

5. That's pretty much the case. If you think it about it in the case of humans it's easier to understand. There are random crosses every time somebody conceives a child. Somehow, sometimes you'll get a really great offspring with unseemingly fit parents. Like a good looking kid from ugly parents. It can happen in any genetic crosses, including marijuana.

It does help to start from good genetics. You'll have a better chance having a pretty kid if the parents are pretty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. So funny but its the foremost trust-able truth

7. So funny but its the foremost trust-able truth