Breeding?

Discussion in 'General' started by gaso22, Jan 8, 2014.

1. I'm lookin to advance In the near future..I would love to breed my own and hopefully produce a killer new strain..how hard is it to make this happen?

2. Cum in a hot chick

3. #3 stickyglassOG, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
    not gonna lie I as well thought of this first

OP - get a male plant of whatever strain you wish, let it pollinate a seperate plant and the plant that got pollinated will produce seeds of the 2 plants genetics combined. just like making a lil weed baby.

4. [quote name="melonuggz" post="19300777" timestamp="1389161720"]not gonna lie I as well thought of this firstOP - get a male plant of whatever strain you wish, let it pollinate a seperate plant and the plant that got pollinated will produce seeds of the 2 plants genetics combined. just like making a lil weed baby.[/quote]Is it really as simple as that?? I feel like there's more to it bra

5. #7 stickyglassOG, Jan 8, 2014
    lmao I have no idea TBH but that's what i'd think  :laughing:

but I mean, I've seen situation where a plant int he grow room was pollinated  and grew seeds or "hermied" so that's just what I always thought.

6. [quote name="melonuggz" post="19300834" timestamp="1389162654"]lmao I have no idea TBH but that's what i'd think :laughing:but I mean, I've seen situation where a plant int he grow room was pollinated and grew seeds or "hermied" so that's just what I always thought.[/quoteIs there somewhere I can get male seeds or should bag seed do the job? I'm sure a male plant is a male plant regardless ,but I want to know what strain I'm working with and weather I want to cross that strain or not

7. #9 stickyglassOG, Jan 8, 2014
    your best bet IMO is to buy regular seeds (not feminized) of the strain you want, grow it and kinda stress it out. this will make it male then just keep him to pollinate 

8. Breedng is an art form. I have grown for 43 yrs. bred for 35yrs. The best way is to take 2 LANDRACE STRAINS 1 INDICA & 1 SATIVA Cross them then pick seeds from the best MaMa. Continue on but always & All ways start with the goals for your New Strain. PS GOOD LUCK

9. Nice necropost.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yeah
    Welcome to GC Doc please turn off caps lock and stop bumping old threads from years ago.

11. It is a lot of work.
    You have to have literally hundreds of plants that you dilligantly take notes on and sort through over the course of generations and save seeds from years ago in hopes that one of them will give you the genotypes you hope to breed.

Kind of like sorting through old threads to find one you want to respond to. ;)