Breeding from Feminized Clones? What happens if they are backcrossed? Hermies?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by dehv, Jul 15, 2019.

1. I have searched far and wide, and only seem to get results about creating fems rather than breeding them.

I would assume it could lead to hermies in subsequent gens but wondering what the community's experiences have been.

I will be breeding with regular seeds from now on to be safe, just wondering if there's any way to carry on the fem'd clones I have right now before they flower - other than more clones.

2. Clone them, Pollenate them, (requires a male or stored pollen) Flower them out and search for seeds.
    Feminized plants tend to spit a few seeds IME it's just part of the process to feminize them showing up late in flower. It's that last ditch effort to propagate.
    As long as it's just a few seeds late in flower they are ok to use. It's a plant that goes nuts and creates hundreds of seeds you want to trash.

I had a strain of Blueberry that always gave back from 5 to 15 seeds like clockwork and they always grew true to the original plant. Saved her for me more then a couple of times early on in my grows when my cloning was failing more then hitting.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks!

4. if you let them just ....go way past their harvest date

then they will Rodalize serve themselves by one flower mutating to a male

it takes much longer than normal

best done from harvest simply leaves a branch gong until it grows a male thing ..lol

good luck

• Informative Informative x 1