Breeding for Feminized Seeds

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by RyMar87, Feb 25, 2018.

1. So I'm going to start a new grow and want to get some feminized seeds out of it. I picked up 5 feminized LSD seeds from Barney's Farm.
    Growing Conditions: DWC in 5 gallon buckets, 6" mesh pot lids, (X2) 450 watt Viparspectra LED lights, full line of Remo veg and bloom nutrients, 4" air stone per bucket.

I want to start 1 seedling early (in soil) and only leave it in veg for 14 to 18 days then switch over to flower and remove it from my grow room. I have another room that I use for vegetable transplants / micro greens that this plant would remain in for flower under 4 fluorescent bulbs. After I see the formation of buds I'll begin spraying with colloidal silver in order to get the female plant to produce pollen.

My plan is to start my other 4 plants 2 weeks after I germinate the first. I'm hoping to harvest the male pollen in time to be able to pollinate just 1 bud on 1 of my other plants and be able to get some feminized seeds.

I have a few questions i was hoping to get some help with...
    1. I was hoping to get some advice as to the minimum amount of time I should leave the first plant in veg.
    2. Will growing this first plant in sub-optimal conditions cause it to produce sub-par pollen?
    3. If I use this pollen to pollinate a bud on another plant grown under optimal conditions, will it then produce sub-par seeds?
    4. What is the smallest bud I should try to pollinate in order to affect as little of my harvest as possible and still get some seeds?
    5. Any other advice / recommendations are more than welcome!

2. 1: seeds only.. I'd go just 2 weeks

2: no.. but more red light in flower is good for all

3: no.. pollen is pollen

4: any good lover will tell you Size Don't Matter ...lol
    pollinate the lower buds/leterals leaving the tops for you!

I like to start the spray 1-2 weeks be for the flowers show...it nails the chem in ..

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey, thanks so much for your input. And sorry for the late response back.
    I started a grow journal chronicling this attempt. I'm just getting to the fun part now, flipped my first plant to flower and started my other 4 plants just yesterday in my DWC buckets.
    Feel free to check it out and bestow some more of your wisdom to help me along! 20180415_190016.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1