Breeders, Would you keep this stud

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Justcozz, Jun 13, 2017.

1. This is my first grow. I ordered the sativa mix from Sannies. I got Silver Fields, Killing Fields, Sannie Jack and a few Kinky Blaze for freebees. I started one of each in shot glasses and all popped tap roots within 36 hours. they all broke soil within 2 days. I lost the Killing Fields 3 days after breaking soil. After 70 days of veg, I pulled a clone from the SF and flipped the lights to 12/12 on day 80. Just wanted to see if I could do it successfully. It turns out the Silver Fields is a male. I chopped the SF to get it out of the room and moved the clone outside. I was thinking of using it to pollinate couple of buds on the Sannie Jack and Kinky Blaze. I'm obviously new to this but from what I've read, it looks like a pretty decent plant to keep the pollen from. It smells amazing and has a much stronger odor than both of my other 2 plants put together. Tell me what you think.
    30 days old
    20170428_170155[1].jpg

about 70 days veg, when clone was taken. 53"
    20170522_192040[1].jpg

2. here are pics of the clone after being topped. Day 16 of flower
    20170613_094957_001[1].jpg

from a few days ago
    20170611_074835[1].jpg

3. Yeah, got that figured out..thanks. Just wondering if it's worth breeding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. A few more pics from today. Keeping it in a solo cup to keep it small. IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1316.JPG

5. if you want to produce seed to grow from then yes.

otherwise if you want to grow from clones then no

or if you only want to grow to produce flower then no

6. you could plant it outside somewhere random like city hall

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. I have my girls growing. I was just asking for advice if this plant looks like something worth breeding.

8. is it worth pollinating one or all of your girls?

9. Looks health very vigorous plant,looks like it's growing very good I would breed it if I was into seeds lol I love cloning .

10. Thinking of just a couple of buds on each f the girls

11. The clone was just to try it out. Hey it worked but turned out t be male.
    I probably won't be doing clones regularly, only have the one room for veg and flower. I don't really even smoke, I've just always wanted to grow it. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with all the bud I'm going to harvest. I've got 2 plants under 7 ft by 5 ft SCROG right now. These were taken on day 1 of flower
    Sannie Jack on the left,
    IMG_1225.JPG

Kinky Blaze on the right

IMG_1224.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. put it with one girl and let them have fun keep your other girls virgin they will be more valuable :p:roflmao::poop:

13. hell clone one of the girls and use the clone and let those two girls flower away

14. what to do with your harvest --- weed makes friends

also where do you live?
    how much do you smoke?
    interested in edibles?
    mmj/rec friendly state maybe you could sell the harvest to a dispensary or club granted you have card or right to grow in your state.

15. I have a cake dome I made a cloning chamber out of you can use anything with a some on it. They root we'll I keep a cfl near it and when they start growth I add another cfl CD and slowly Jack the dome up until they don't need it any longer.You can pay 15$ for a cloning chamber or buy a cake for 10$ eat that hoe and Walla u have cloning chamber! :)

• Like Like x 1

16. I live in a legal state. I know about 5 people that smoke. I've smoked twice now this year. Not really interested in selling. It will probably be used as birthday gifts for a few lucky friends. I wanted to grow it just to see if I could do it successfully. Learn a bit and see what happens

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Nice, cake and growing supplies. Don't let the baker know, he will start charging extra. Actually, I do have a couple of clones of the girls that I cut last week for a friend that wanted to start an outdoor grow. Like me, just wants to see if he can do it successfully. They get to visit the sun a little bit everyday. Anther week and they go out permanently.

18. GREAT! gifts everyone loves weed as a gift!

ANYONE can grow it!
    EVERYONE can and should grow it!
    gift your friend a clone and keep one for your seed project they could live outside kept closely together.

someone chime it with some experience.

Put them in a pot together for outdoor pollination? will this help? curosity?

im just a potato what do i know...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

19. I don't want the clones. As soon as this harvest is done, I will be entirely too busy to mess with a grow until January. That's why I was thinking of seeds. Figured I can start from seed whenever I have the time to fully commit to growing them.
    And yes anyone can grow it, but as we have seen on here (GC) there are a lot of people can't grow for shit. Most of them don't take the time to research and learn. If research and learning is too much hassle, then growing is going to be too much work and there yields and quality will show it.

• Agree Agree x 1