Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Breathing Techniques?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 402Dank, Jul 12, 2012.

1. My brother was telling he heard about some way you can breath after taking a hit to get you higher. Has anyone heard of anything like this? :confused:

2. He's probably referring to inhaling... which is pretty self-explanatory. I've even heard some say the best way to smoke is to inhale with your diaphragm after taking a hit. But this is all personal preference considering most of the THC is absorbed in the first few seconds regardless!

3. Well, normally when people inhale they use their chest. If you really want it to be in your lungs, you should breathe with your stomach and not your chest.

4. [quote name='"WretchedX"']Well, normally when people inhale they use their chest. If you really want it to be in your lungs, you should breathe with your stomach and not your chest.[/quote]

How does one breath with their stomach?

5. Well, the idea isn't to LITERALLY breath with your stomach, but rather you should imagine air going into your stomach when you breath. That is how you know you're using your diaphragm.

That's just what I've always been told because I am a metal vocalist...

6. That's what I meant by breathing with your diaphragm. :cool:

7. This is taken from Wikipedia:

Sit or lie comfortably, with loose garments.
    Put one hand on your chest and one on your stomach.
    Slowly inhale through your nose or through pursed lips (to slow down the intake of breath).
    As you inhale, push your belly/ stomach out and feel your stomach expand with your hand.

8. It doesn't matter how you inhale, as long as you do. No method of inhalation makes the THC absorb faster or better in the membranes in your lungs. If it gets to your lungs, it's absorbed regardless of what you do.

9. I beg to differ. Undeniably, with proper breathing techniques, you can take much bigger hits.

10. [quote name='"WretchedX"']Well, the idea isn't to LITERALLY breath with your stomach, but rather you should imagine air going into your stomach when you breath. That is how you know you're using your diaphragm.

That's just what I've always been told because I am a metal vocalist...[/quote]

Ah okay. Always called it the diaphragm. It allows you to breath in and out more air. Good for breathing exercises, and when I used to get panic attacks. And cool story about being a vocalist. I play bass.