Breaking Up Bud With Hands Is A Waste Of Time..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Wiseguys, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Some people I know like to break it up by hand for the experience and I'm fine with that. But grinding it up gives it a better burn and an easier smoke. If i throw nugs in the bowl I feel like I'm wasting weed because it doesn't all get used effectively. I don't think people should be bashed for it though....it's just a personal preference.

2. I break up bud by hand. It doesn't really take that much more time than using a grinder and I happen to enjoy the process. Some of my friends are all about the grinder and will always tell me I should get one. I honestly don't see myself using it all that much if I had it. In my opinion grinders break up weed into chunks that are too small and their only advantage is that you don't lose kief. I generally break up my weed directly over the bowl, inside the bag so I'm not losing much either.

What I don't understand is how anyone could think that their preferred way of breaking up weed is the only logical way to do it, and that anyone that doesn't do it exactly as they do doesn't know what they're doing.

3. #23 docleary, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013

it really bothers me when i tell my group of friends to pack a bowl of my weed and someone just drops a nug in a bowl.

tastes like absolute shit.

4. i Heavily At The Extreme grinders. i like to examine my bud when i break it down calyx by calyx, when i have the time of course but never a grinder 

5. lol, I broke up my bud by hand earlier because i was too lazy to get my grinder out,

6. it depends, sometimes when i just want to smoke a quick bowl i just grab a nug and just throw it in, but when i want to take my time smoking i will use my grinder and carefully pack my bowl, and about the blunt thing i am on board with you, i think pre rolls like joints and blunts are just a waste of time and weed. unless you are with a group. thats why i invested in my pieces, i have a spoon pipe and a bubbler, and as long as im smoking solo you will never catch me smoking a pre roll

7. I just like breaking it up by hand cause the sticky feeling on it is great :p

8. I grind for the keif haha. I love keif and I would rather collect it in a grinder then scrape it off my fingers and waste most of it.

9. Well than don't smoke weed? Hahah you don't need it....

10. I've been breaking up my bud by hand for about forty years. I don't see a need to change now.

11. I lick it off my fingers. Love the taste.

12. I prefer to just lick the nug before grinding it.
    jk.
    But I do eat stems!

13. The less utensils I have in my house the better if I was still 14 maybe I wouldn't care but I don't need extra shit for the cops to find

14. #34 pussyriot, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2013
    "it really bothers me when i tell my group of friends to pack a bowl of my weed and someone just drops a nug in a bowl.

tastes like absolute shit."

Are you for real??? What a load of shit it taste no different weather u break it up or not??

Definitely worth it to get a grinder. Especially one that has a kief chamber  :metal:

16. I prefer my hands I own three grinders

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I have a grinder but don't use it often.
    I enjoy taking the time to do it by hand.

Awesome Opossum

18. I prefer to just lick the nug before grinding it.
    jk.
    But I do eat stems!
    </blockquote>
    Omg so glad I'm not the only one who does that

Awesome Opossum

19. I am the proud owner of a five piece grinder which i love. Kief is fantastic sure but nothing beats breaking up a bud by hand.

And talking about vapourisers sure thats nice too but do your highs not feel all the same. If your like me and not willing to fork out the moolah for a heat adjustable one your burning off all those lovely canaboids.

20. I'm not sure if i would be better off getting a vaporizer at some point. On the one hand it is healthier for my lungs but on the other hand I'll just end up smoking the bud after I've vaped it so it won't go to waste.